Firewire's Firewall Port?

Since SP2 looks at firewire as a true networking protocol, can someone
tell me which port it specifically uses in Windows XP Firewall?
A lot of folks are having connectivity problems with external devices.
Thanks,
Treeman

--
Treeman
2 answers Last reply

    Treeman wrote:

    > Since SP2 looks at firewire as a true networking protocol, can someone
    > tell me which port it specifically uses in Windows XP Firewall?
    > A lot of folks are having connectivity problems with external devices.
    > Thanks,
    > Treeman
    >
    > --
    > Treeman

    Firewire doesn't utilize TCP/IP and therefore does not have a port number
    associated with it, similar to USB.

    Hey Brandon,
    Take a look here:
    http://www.homenethelp.com/network/firewire.asp
    Treeman

    "Brandon McCombs" wrote:

    > Treeman wrote:
    >
    > > Since SP2 looks at firewire as a true networking protocol, can someone
    > > tell me which port it specifically uses in Windows XP Firewall?
    > > A lot of folks are having connectivity problems with external devices.
    > > Thanks,
    > > Treeman
    > >
    > > --
    > > Treeman
    >
    > Firewire doesn't utilize TCP/IP and therefore does not have a port number
    > associated with it, similar to USB.

Firewalls Firewire Windows XP