AIW RAD 7500 will not come out of standby

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I am running XP Pro, tried SP 1 and 2, Asus P4B MB, Sony E200 monitor,
latest driver from ATI downloaded today. When I set the resolution to
1024X768 or higher the monitor will not come out of standby mode. At lower
resoulitions it works fine and in Linux it works fine at all resolutions.
Used to work on 2000 but now I have the same problems on 2000. Since it
works in Linux it leads me to believe hardware is fine. Any Ideas?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Tried a nivida card from work. Looks like hell but it wakes up at any
resolution. Looks like I have a bad card. Hate to purchase an ATI though.
Their customer service is non-existent. 2 requests over two weeks old.
Beware.
"Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am running XP Pro, tried SP 1 and 2, Asus P4B MB, Sony E200 monitor,
>latest driver from ATI downloaded today. When I set the resolution to
>1024X768 or higher the monitor will not come out of standby mode. At lower
>resoulitions it works fine and in Linux it works fine at all resolutions.
>Used to work on 2000 but now I have the same problems on 2000. Since it
>works in Linux it leads me to believe hardware is fine. Any Ideas?

alex

Does it work at higher resolutions aside from when going to stanby? Perhaps
you messed
up the drivers in your windows installations. Use SystemRestore to revert to
a previous
installation to verify that it is not the new drivers. It appears to be a
windows driver
issue either with windows (stanby) or the ATI drivers.

alex

What does device manager say about your monitor? When you check out the
properties page does it list it as a monitor that can do the higher
resolutions? I think the problem is that windows does not recognize your
monitor and it is assinging the maximun it thinks you have available.
You'll have to manually change it.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Against my better judgement (due to their service response or lack of it) I
purchased a 9200 today. It works fine. The white doesnt appear as white as
it should. Probably need to adjust somewhere. I am convinced it is a
hardware problem and am returning the card to ATI. We will see what they
say.

Windows was discovering my monitor properly. The card was working in this
hardware configuration for a couple of years.