Computer Won't Start up

Hi just a quickie,

Having just ran an antivirus on a computer, it requested that i reboot
the system to finalise the program.

However once i rebooted the computer my XP loads up to the part where a
users name can be selected and then appears to be logging on, after a
number of seconds it then tells me it is logging out and returns to the
user selection screen.

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

--
MartyBoy
1 answer Last reply

    in Google,
    click Groups,
    click Advanced Groups Search,

    enter the following words:
    automatically logs off
    in the box labeled "All of the Words"

    and enter the following:
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    in the box labeled "Group"

    and you will find over 170 discussions of the exact same problem.
    you will probably find the solution you're looking for in there.

    MartyBoy wrote:
    > Hi just a quickie,
    >
    > Having just ran an antivirus on a computer, it requested that i reboot
    > the system to finalise the program.
    >
    > However once i rebooted the computer my XP loads up to the part where a
    > users name can be selected and then appears to be logging on, after a
    > number of seconds it then tells me it is logging out and returns to the
    > user selection screen.
    >
    > If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Security Computers Microsoft Windows XP