ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X80..

ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X800 Pro ?

I allways bought my cards this way, thats why i have a 9600 Pro at the
moment.

From what i read the 6800GT is a more powerfull card and cheaper is
this correct, though you may have to buy a bigger PSU, me only got a
350 Watt at the moment but upgrading to a Silent 400 Watt soon, so it
don't matter :)

Also the 6800GT seems to a great performer in DirectX games as well as
OpenGl games well Not sure about DirectX games but so far from whative
read.

So anyone help me out, i realy would like to upgrade, going to give
the 9800 Pro a MISS and try for somthing that will last me alot longer
in the upgrade life cycle.

Thanks.

HELLO NURSE.

EC

"Orbital Defence" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X800 Pro ?
>
> I allways bought my cards this way, thats why i have a 9600 Pro at the
> moment.
>
> From what i read the 6800GT is a more powerfull card and cheaper is
> this correct, though you may have to buy a bigger PSU, me only got a
> 350 Watt at the moment but upgrading to a Silent 400 Watt soon, so it
> don't matter :)
>
> Also the 6800GT seems to a great performer in DirectX games as well as
> OpenGl games well Not sure about DirectX games but so far from whative
> read.
>
> So anyone help me out, i realy would like to upgrade, going to give
> the 9800 Pro a MISS and try for somthing that will last me alot longer
> in the upgrade life cycle.
>
> Thanks.
>

> HELLO NURSE.

The X800 Pro is slower in 99% of games out there. The X800 Pro loses to the
vanilla 6800 at times. It would be a complete waste of money to get that
card.

If Doom 3 is your thing, get the 6800GT. For everything else, the X800Pro is
equal or better. As for price, shop around and see which one's cheaper.

A name-brand 350-watter is sufficient for the 6800GT.

"Orbital Defence" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X800 Pro ?
>
> I allways bought my cards this way, thats why i have a 9600 Pro at the
> moment.
>
> From what i read the 6800GT is a more powerfull card and cheaper is
> this correct, though you may have to buy a bigger PSU, me only got a
> 350 Watt at the moment but upgrading to a Silent 400 Watt soon, so it
> don't matter :)
>
> Also the 6800GT seems to a great performer in DirectX games as well as
> OpenGl games well Not sure about DirectX games but so far from whative
> read.
>
> So anyone help me out, i realy would like to upgrade, going to give
> the 9800 Pro a MISS and try for somthing that will last me alot longer
> in the upgrade life cycle.
>
> Thanks.
>

> HELLO NURSE.

EC

> If Doom 3 is your thing, get the 6800GT. For everything else, the X800Pro
> is
> equal or better. As for price, shop around and see which one's cheaper.
>
> A name-brand 350-watter is sufficient for the 6800GT.

> "Orbital Defence" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X800 Pro ?
>>
>> I allways bought my cards this way, thats why i have a 9600 Pro at the
>> moment.
>>
>> From what i read the 6800GT is a more powerfull card and cheaper is
>> this correct, though you may have to buy a bigger PSU, me only got a
>> 350 Watt at the moment but upgrading to a Silent 400 Watt soon, so it
>> don't matter :)
>>
>> Also the 6800GT seems to a great performer in DirectX games as well as
>> OpenGl games well Not sure about DirectX games but so far from whative
>> read.
>>
>> So anyone help me out, i realy would like to upgrade, going to give
>> the 9800 Pro a MISS and try for somthing that will last me alot longer
>> in the upgrade life cycle.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> HELLO NURSE.

LOL! The X800 Pro gets its ASS handed to it by the 6800GT you idiot. It
takes an X800XT PE to keep up with even the 6800 GT.

I was thinking X800 Pro as its quieter as well, well fromthe reviews.

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 10:34:26 -0700, "ec" <temp@no.com> wrote:

>LOL! The X800 Pro gets its ASS handed to it by the 6800GT you idiot. It
>takes an X800XT PE to keep up with even the 6800 GT.

Instead of calling people idiots show some sites that prove what you
say.

>LOL! The X800 Pro gets its ASS handed to it by the 6800GT you idiot. It
>takes an X800XT PE to keep up with even the 6800 GT.

Yea, when you turn off AA and AF completely. Go away fanboy, this in
an ATI group. If you're going to post a bunch of anti ATI stuff, at
least post the WHOLE truth.

You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
that will make things a lot smoother.
-Felatio Love

EC

"GTD" <duh@stoopid.net> wrote in message

>>LOL! The X800 Pro gets its ASS handed to it by the 6800GT you idiot. It
>>takes an X800XT PE to keep up with even the 6800 GT.
>>
> Yea, when you turn off AA and AF completely. Go away fanboy, this in
> an ATI group. If you're going to post a bunch of anti ATI stuff, at
> least post the WHOLE truth.
>
> You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
> that will make things a lot smoother.
> -Felatio Love

Uh, 6800s are faster than X800s in AA. ATI has a faster AF algorithm because
it does less work and produces lower IQ. NV actually exposed this same
algorithm in the new 66 driver and it is actually faster than ATI's version
now. Nice try.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> The X800 Pro is slower in 99% of games out there. The X800 Pro loses to
> the vanilla 6800 at times. It would be a complete waste of money to get
> that card.

It doesn´t matter what kind of medicine your taking, but take less of it,
quick.

99% of games slower, that is definitly not true!

The noise issue has been blown out of proportion by the FX5800. nVidia cards
from the 5900 onwards are not particularly loud.

A lot of X800 users replace the stock cooler with the quiet VGA Silencer,
which is now also available in an "NV-4" revision for 6800-series cards.