Hi,

Can someone guide me into doing something pretty basic (probably foolish in
any other situation too):

How can I set up a PC running Windows XP Pro to automatically log on to the
Administrator account (which does have a set password).

This is to help make changes to a PC used by an elderly person whose
advancing forgetfulness often stands in the way of starting his machine (and
other things too). There is nothing on it worth breaking into by anyone and
nobody else uses it anyway.

The PC is one of the things that keep him occupied in what must be a
scenario I would not wish on anyone. The PC is used offline most time - some
games and old pictures and so forth. It goes online only occasionally for
just email.

Thanks very much in anticipation.

Satyanyaya

Hi,

Go here

and download the Tweak UI program, install it and run it,
there is an option in the menu for autologon,
you enter the username and password there

Hope this helps if you need anything else post again

kenny
"S_Nyaya" <satyanyaya@orion.nebula> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can someone guide me into doing something pretty basic (probably foolish
> in any other situation too):
>
> How can I set up a PC running Windows XP Pro to automatically log on to
> the Administrator account (which does have a set password).
>
> This is to help make changes to a PC used by an elderly person whose
> advancing forgetfulness often stands in the way of starting his machine
> (and other things too). There is nothing on it worth breaking into by
> anyone and nobody else uses it anyway.
>
> The PC is one of the things that keep him occupied in what must be a
> scenario I would not wish on anyone. The PC is used offline most time -
> some games and old pictures and so forth. It goes online only occasionally
> for just email.
>
> Thanks very much in anticipation.
>
> Satyanyaya

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the pointer. I already have that utility as a saved d/l on
my PC. I checked for the Auto Logon feature and it is indeed precisely what
I needed!

I shall install it on the gentleman's machine as soon as I can.

Regards and thanks very much once again. I really appreciate it.

Satyanyaya