Cannot Load Critical Updates

Morning,

I am attempting to load Windows XP critical update KB888163 but the
installation always fails. I also attempted to install Windows XP SP2 and the
following error occurred. ANS1-Unexpected End of Data.

I am running Windows XP Professional.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Jaimie

Hi, why not try the WU Newsgroup

Windows Update newsgroup:
or
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

Jaimie wrote:
> Morning,
>
> I am attempting to load Windows XP critical update KB888163 but the
> installation always fails. I also attempted to install Windows XP SP2
> and the following error occurred. ANS1-Unexpected End of Data.
>
> I am running Windows XP Professional.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Regards
>
> Jaimie