Catalyst C Centre Question

Hi,

I cannot load the CCC evry time I either double click on the file the egg
timer goes for a couple of seconds and that it.

Down loaded all versions installed .net framework and zilch.

Any suggestions.

Warty

Forget it, sorted.

Warty

Warty wrote:

> I cannot load the CCC evry time I either double click on the file
> the egg timer goes for a couple of seconds and that it.
>
> Down loaded all versions installed .net framework and zilch.

Have you granted internet access in your firewall for the CLI.EXE component
of the Control Center?

Initially, I had ZoneAlarm deny access for CLI.EXE - and the Control Center
didn't work. After I allowed internet access for CLI.EXE, the Control Center
suddenly worked.

Strange, but true.

=- Brian Dickens, the Netherlands

Bean

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2001

Thats because the CCC is most likely checking if you have the latest version
of the Catalyst drivers. From what ive read of the CCC it will use the .NET
framework to do some sort of auto updates on itself, and to download new
drivers for you. I seen post on rage3d where a guy had an older version of
Catalyst (4.4) and everytime he used the CCC it told him he needed to update
to the newer drivers, and asked him if he wanted to update. In the future im
guessing that you will be able to select different packages, for instance;
Whole driver set, or just opengl update or d3d update. This can cut the
download sizes in half easily.

Bean

"Brian Dickens" <newsgroups@(remove-this-part)briandickens.demon.nl> wrote
in message news:zNL_c.110$l05.82@text.usenetserver.com...
> Warty wrote:
>
>> I cannot load the CCC evry time I either double click on the file
>> the egg timer goes for a couple of seconds and that it.
>>
>> Down loaded all versions installed .net framework and zilch.
>
> Have you granted internet access in your firewall for the CLI.EXE
> component
> of the Control Center?
>
> Initially, I had ZoneAlarm deny access for CLI.EXE - and the Control
> Center
> didn't work. After I allowed internet access for CLI.EXE, the Control
> Center
> suddenly worked.
>
> Strange, but true.
>
> =- Brian Dickens, the Netherlands

Got it sorted, I was'nt running it in the ati/support folder.

Warty