KB890830 install

the three times I installed the up-date for the KB890830, It locked my IP
address. I could not sign in on any browser or IE. Funny thing was AOL was
working fine. I had to reload my system from a different date to gain access
back to the internet. What is the problem here.. My IP said something with
the update.. Please help me out on this. Thanx Fast Eddie.

In the hundreds of machines that we've deployed this to, we haven't seen
this issue, but of course, these are Domain Machines, running XP Pro SP2 and
"DON'T" run AOL. Just from your vague information, I'd say it is a conflict
between the fix and AOL - an issue you need to address with AOL, as they may
indeed have a "known" issue with it.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"