Sapphire Radeon 9800 Atlantis 256M DDR AGP

I got one of these cards. I have a ASUS A7M266-D (dual AMD
Athlon 2800+MP). When I insert the card and power up the
computer, it only runs a few minutes max and the computer shuts
itself down or locks up. The computer works fine with a Radeon
8500LE. I suspect the 9800 Pro is bad, but am wondering if
anyone has had a similar experience and what happened. I bought
a new power supply (510 watts) thinking my old PS (400 watts) was
not up to snuff, but there have been no changes.

--

Fred

stuff

<heitkamp@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> I got one of these cards. I have a ASUS A7M266-D (dual AMD
> Athlon 2800+MP). When I insert the card and power up the
> computer, it only runs a few minutes max and the computer shuts
> itself down or locks up. The computer works fine with a Radeon
> 8500LE. I suspect the 9800 Pro is bad, but am wondering if
> anyone has had a similar experience and what happened. I bought
> a new power supply (510 watts) thinking my old PS (400 watts) was
> not up to snuff, but there have been no changes.

It's not your power supply matey, you've plenty of oomf there with 510W. I
have Radeon 9800Pro 128Mb 256-bit, with a 40Gig HDD, a 20Gig HDD and a CD
writer, Sound Blaster Live, with a 350W power supply all runs no problems.