X800 XT noise. Is it Loud?

Lou

I see there are some X800 Pro's with the arctic cooler (revision 4 ?) but
the only X800 XT with the cooler is the HIS and it does not seem to be
available yet(and im tired of waiting for it).
I was wondering if the stock X800 XT fan is considered loud compared to say
the 9800 pro fans or is it even quieter?
Thanks,
Lou

It's much quieter than the 9800pro. Check Tom's Hardware for a review of
the X800XT.

JK

"Lou" <no-spam@sonic.net> wrote in message
>I see there are some X800 Pro's with the arctic cooler (revision 4 ?) but
>the only X800 XT with the cooler is the HIS and it does not seem to be
>available yet(and im tired of waiting for it).
> I was wondering if the stock X800 XT fan is considered loud compared to
> say the 9800 pro fans or is it even quieter?
> Thanks,
> Lou

Lou

"John Hall" <johnhall11@rogers.com> wrote in message
> It's much quieter than the 9800pro. Check Tom's Hardware for a review of
> the X800XT.
>
> JK
>
> "Lou" <no-spam@sonic.net> wrote in message
>>I see there are some X800 Pro's with the arctic cooler (revision 4 ?) but
>>the only X800 XT with the cooler is the HIS and it does not seem to be
>>available yet(and im tired of waiting for it).
>> I was wondering if the stock X800 XT fan is considered loud compared to
>> say the 9800 pro fans or is it even quieter?
>> Thanks,
>> Lou

Thanks, I checked Toms Hardware but did not find much about the noise
(confusing with all the adds mixed in with the inex of articles) but its
good to get any extra opinions. I am just having a hard time deciding
between the quieter arctic cooler X800 Pro card and the more performance of
the X800 XT. I guess I would get the XT if the it has a noise I can live
with until the Arctic cooler V4 is available.

Lou

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

>I guess I would get the XT if the it has a noise I can live with until the
>Arctic cooler V4 is available.

Should already be available. http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/

rms

Lou

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> >I guess I would get the XT if the it has a noise I can live with until
> >the Arctic cooler V4 is available.
>
> Should already be available. http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/
>
> rms

Oh! I been Googling , Froogling and searching everyplace I could think of
and they were all "back ordered" so I figures they were not in the US yet.
Thanks!
Damm, now I have no excuse not to get the X800 XT , erm well except for the
price. :\

Lou

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/index.html

Check this out. The X800XT runs cooler than the 9800XT and therefore does
not require as robust a cooling solution, as in big noisy fan. They also
draw less power.

> "John Hall" <johnhall11@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> It's much quieter than the 9800pro. Check Tom's Hardware for a review of
>> the X800XT.
>>
>> JK
>>
>> "Lou" <no-spam@sonic.net> wrote in message
>>>I see there are some X800 Pro's with the arctic cooler (revision 4 ?) but
>>>the only X800 XT with the cooler is the HIS and it does not seem to be
>>>available yet(and im tired of waiting for it).
>>> I was wondering if the stock X800 XT fan is considered loud compared to
>>> say the 9800 pro fans or is it even quieter?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Lou
>>>

> Thanks, I checked Toms Hardware but did not find much about the noise
> (confusing with all the adds mixed in with the inex of articles) but its
> good to get any extra opinions. I am just having a hard time deciding
> between the quieter arctic cooler X800 Pro card and the more performance
> of the X800 XT. I guess I would get the XT if the it has a noise I can
> live with until the Arctic cooler V4 is available.
>
> Lou

BigJim

just installed one and it is fairly quiet
"Lou" <no-spam@sonic.net> wrote in message
>I see there are some X800 Pro's with the arctic cooler (revision 4 ?) but
>the only X800 XT with the cooler is the HIS and it does not seem to be
>available yet(and im tired of waiting for it).
> I was wondering if the stock X800 XT fan is considered loud compared to
> say the 9800 pro fans or is it even quieter?
> Thanks,
> Lou

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:36:42 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net>
wrote:

>>I guess I would get the XT if the it has a noise I can live with until the
>>Arctic cooler V4 is available.
>
> Should already be available. http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/
>
>rms

WOW.. I've been waiting for a newegg alert for when it was back in
stock. At $40.99 + tax and $6 shipping. Not only are they in stock
here at sidewindercomputers but they are cheaper!.. $29.95 + $8.55
shipping.. not bad. $38.50 out the door. N>I>C>E>. Thanks.

Pluvious

Check one out today...running...VERY quiet!

Bill Crocker