.NET Framework Initialization error???????? New graphics c..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Hi all.

I've just installed a new graphics card, a Radeon 9800 Pro. After I restart
my PC at the prompt after its installed, I get an error straight away -
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be
loaded".

I can click OK and everything seems fine, but when I try to open the ATI
Catalyst COntrol centre, the same message appears.

Is this affecting anything and if so how can I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

On 9/7/2004 8:22 AM Johnny8977 brightened our day with:

>Hi all.
>
>I've just installed a new graphics card, a Radeon 9800 Pro. After I restart
>my PC at the prompt after its installed, I get an error straight away -
>"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be
>loaded".
>
>I can click OK and everything seems fine, but when I try to open the ATI
>Catalyst COntrol centre, the same message appears.
>
>Is this affecting anything and if so how can I get rid of it?
>
>Thanks for any help.

The new Catalyst control center requires you have .NET installed.
http://ati.com/products/catalystcontrolcenter/
There's a link to download .NET on that page.

Contrary to many popular assumptions, .NET is not completely evil and
will not require you to sacrifice a puppy before you install it.
It's just an API/developer module thingie like Java.

--
History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Johnny8977 wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've just installed a new graphics card, a Radeon 9800 Pro. After I
> restart my PC at the prompt after its installed, I get an error straight
> away - "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could
> not be loaded".
>
> I can click OK and everything seems fine, but when I try to open the ATI
> Catalyst COntrol centre, the same message appears.
>
> Is this affecting anything and if so how can I get rid of it?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Did you install the .net framework?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

I didn't have .NET installed. You solved my prob first go - cheers.

"Johnny8977" <usenet@johnny8977.plus.com***NOSPAM***> wrote:

>I've just installed a new graphics card, a Radeon 9800 Pro. After I restart
>my PC at the prompt after its installed, I get an error straight away -
>"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be
>loaded".

>I can click OK and everything seems fine, but when I try to open the ATI
>Catalyst COntrol centre, the same message appears.

>Is this affecting anything and if so how can I get rid of it?

Recent versions of the drivers, or more specifically the ATI Control
Center, require Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 or higher.

You can disable the control center and the ATI drivers will function
perfectly well without it, albeit without access to some of the config
menus, or install .NET framework to get rid of the error. I'd
recommend the later as it's becoming increasing popular and it's
almost inevitable you'll encounter other software that needs it.

Service Pack 1 of the .NET framework was released a few days ago; you
can get it either by downloading direct from Microsoft.com or via
Windows Update.