ATI hardware or software problem???? Please Help

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

ATI Radeon 7500. I am running XP Pro, tried SP 1 and 2, Asus P4B MB, Sony
E200 monitor,
latest driver from ATI downloaded today. When I set the resolution to
1024X768 or higher the monitor will not come out of standby mode. At lower
resoulitions it works fine and in Linux it works fine at all resolutions.
Used to work on 2000 but now I have the same problems on 2000. Since it
works in Linux it leads me to believe hardware is fine. Any Ideas?

Try setting to 16-bit, rather than 32-bit, see what happens.

Bill Crocker

"Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ATI Radeon 7500. I am running XP Pro, tried SP 1 and 2, Asus P4B MB, Sony
> E200 monitor,
> latest driver from ATI downloaded today. When I set the resolution to
> 1024X768 or higher the monitor will not come out of standby mode. At
> lower
> resoulitions it works fine and in Linux it works fine at all resolutions.
> Used to work on 2000 but now I have the same problems on 2000. Since it
> works in Linux it leads me to believe hardware is fine. Any Ideas?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Same problem. What do you think? Video card?

"Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Try setting to 16-bit, rather than 32-bit, see what happens.
>
> Bill Crocker
>

> "Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> ATI Radeon 7500. I am running XP Pro, tried SP 1 and 2, Asus P4B MB,
>> Sony E200 monitor,
>> latest driver from ATI downloaded today. When I set the resolution to
>> 1024X768 or higher the monitor will not come out of standby mode. At
>> lower
>> resoulitions it works fine and in Linux it works fine at all resolutions.
>> Used to work on 2000 but now I have the same problems on 2000. Since it
>> works in Linux it leads me to believe hardware is fine. Any Ideas?

Have you tried an older driver? Or possibly the OMEGA driver?

> Same problem. What do you think? Video card?
>

> "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Try setting to 16-bit, rather than 32-bit, see what happens.
>>
>> Bill Crocker
>>

>> "Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> ATI Radeon 7500. I am running XP Pro, tried SP 1 and 2, Asus P4B MB,
>>> Sony E200 monitor,
>>> latest driver from ATI downloaded today. When I set the resolution to
>>> 1024X768 or higher the monitor will not come out of standby mode. At
>>> lower
>>> resoulitions it works fine and in Linux it works fine at all
>>> resolutions.
>>> Used to work on 2000 but now I have the same problems on 2000. Since it
>>> works in Linux it leads me to believe hardware is fine. Any Ideas?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Havent tried that. I have the CD that came with the card. I could
uninstall the current one and try the old one as long as XP is willing:).
What is the Omega driver?
> Have you tried an older driver? Or possibly the OMEGA driver?
>
> Bill Crocker
>

> "Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Same problem. What do you think? Video card?
>>

>> "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Try setting to 16-bit, rather than 32-bit, see what happens.
>>>
>>> Bill Crocker
>>>

>>> "Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Click here:
http://www.omegadrivers.net/

> Havent tried that. I have the CD that came with the card. I could
> uninstall the current one and try the old one as long as XP is willing:).
> What is the Omega driver?
> "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Have you tried an older driver? Or possibly the OMEGA driver?
>>
>> Bill Crocker
>>

>> "Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Same problem. What do you think? Video card?
>>>

>>> "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Refresh rate is set to 85 if that is what you are referring to.
"johns" <johns123@moscow.com> wrote in message
> Sounds like you have the monitor max settings too
> low. Look under "displays".
>
> johns

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Just tried both. Neither corrected the problem. Thank you for the
suggestions and if you think of anything else please post it.
"Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Have you tried an older driver? Or possibly the OMEGA driver?
>
> Bill Crocker
>

> "Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Same problem. What do you think? Video card?
>>

>> "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Try setting to 16-bit, rather than 32-bit, see what happens.
>>>
>>> Bill Crocker
>>>

>>> "Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Try different refresh rates of the monitor.

Warty

> Click here:
> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
>
> Bill Crocker
>

> "Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Havent tried that. I have the CD that came with the card. I could
> > uninstall the current one and try the old one as long as XP is
willing:).
> > What is the Omega driver?
> > "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> Have you tried an older driver? Or possibly the OMEGA driver?
> >>
> >> Bill Crocker
> >>

> >> "Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

MB,
At
Since

How about disabling standby mode, and just use a screen saver?

> Just tried both. Neither corrected the problem. Thank you for the
> suggestions and if you think of anything else please post it.
> "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Have you tried an older driver? Or possibly the OMEGA driver?
>>
>> Bill Crocker
>>

>> "Chris" <mtpocket2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Same problem. What do you think? Video card?
>>>

>>> "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thats what I have been doing. Just personally bugs me when things dont
work. On another note has anybody emailed ATI support and recieved a
response? Its been over a week and I have not recieved a response from
them.