Far Cry And NVidia 5700 : Doesn't work!!

Hi all,
i've just bought a new PC 4 days ago, and i'm "fighting" with the
same problem since two days: Far Cry crashes at the startup (initial
demo screens) or at the main menu (the one with the beach).

I've a NVIDIA FX 5700LE 128MB with a PC Cybermate P4 Prescott
3ghz,Chipset Intel 865PE, AGP 8x, 256MB DDR400, 120gh GD seagate SATA,
800FSB and 1MB L2 cache.

Is anyone experiencing the same (frustating) problem ?

i've already try to lanch the game with:
- directX 9.0b found on the CD and the NVIDIA drivers found with the
PC: doesn't work
- I've installed the latest Drivers 61.77 Just downloaded: doesn't
work
- I've installed the Drivers 56.72 : doesn't work
- I've installed the Patch 1.1 found on the support site
- I've Installed the withdrawn Patch 1.2

Nothing works.
Pleeeeeease heeelp.
Thanks
Gianluca

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

You might get more help if you posted this in the Nvidia newsgroup.

DaveL

"sssstr" <ssssstr@altern.org> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> i've just bought a new PC 4 days ago, and i'm "fighting" with the
> same problem since two days: Far Cry crashes at the startup (initial
> demo screens) or at the main menu (the one with the beach).
>
> I've a NVIDIA FX 5700LE 128MB with a PC Cybermate P4 Prescott
> 3ghz,Chipset Intel 865PE, AGP 8x, 256MB DDR400, 120gh GD seagate SATA,
> 800FSB and 1MB L2 cache.
>
> Is anyone experiencing the same (frustating) problem ?
>
> i've already try to lanch the game with:
> - directX 9.0b found on the CD and the NVIDIA drivers found with the
> PC: doesn't work
> - I've installed the latest Drivers 61.77 Just downloaded: doesn't
> work
> - I've installed the Drivers 56.72 : doesn't work
> - I've installed the Patch 1.1 found on the support site
> - I've Installed the withdrawn Patch 1.2
>
> Nothing works.
> Pleeeeeease heeelp.
> Thanks
> Gianluca

No, We have ATI Cards.

;-)

Warty

"sssstr" <ssssstr@altern.org> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> i've just bought a new PC 4 days ago, and i'm "fighting" with the
> same problem since two days: Far Cry crashes at the startup (initial
> demo screens) or at the main menu (the one with the beach).
>
> I've a NVIDIA FX 5700LE 128MB with a PC Cybermate P4 Prescott
> 3ghz,Chipset Intel 865PE, AGP 8x, 256MB DDR400, 120gh GD seagate SATA,
> 800FSB and 1MB L2 cache.
>
> Is anyone experiencing the same (frustating) problem ?
>
> i've already try to lanch the game with:
> - directX 9.0b found on the CD and the NVIDIA drivers found with the
> PC: doesn't work
> - I've installed the latest Drivers 61.77 Just downloaded: doesn't
> work
> - I've installed the Drivers 56.72 : doesn't work
> - I've installed the Patch 1.1 found on the support site
> - I've Installed the withdrawn Patch 1.2
>
> Nothing works.
> Pleeeeeease heeelp.
> Thanks
> Gianluca

Firthy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003

hehe

"Warty" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> No, We have ATI Cards.
>
> ;-)
>
> Warty
>

> "sssstr" <ssssstr@altern.org> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > i've just bought a new PC 4 days ago, and i'm "fighting" with the
> > same problem since two days: Far Cry crashes at the startup (initial
> > demo screens) or at the main menu (the one with the beach).
> >
> > I've a NVIDIA FX 5700LE 128MB with a PC Cybermate P4 Prescott
> > 3ghz,Chipset Intel 865PE, AGP 8x, 256MB DDR400, 120gh GD seagate SATA,
> > 800FSB and 1MB L2 cache.
> >
> > Is anyone experiencing the same (frustating) problem ?
> >
> > i've already try to lanch the game with:
> > - directX 9.0b found on the CD and the NVIDIA drivers found with the
> > PC: doesn't work
> > - I've installed the latest Drivers 61.77 Just downloaded: doesn't
> > work
> > - I've installed the Drivers 56.72 : doesn't work
> > - I've installed the Patch 1.1 found on the support site
> > - I've Installed the withdrawn Patch 1.2
> >
> > Nothing works.
> > Pleeeeeease heeelp.
> > Thanks
> > Gianluca

oooppss...... i need glasses sometimes...
sorry