Spyware

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Extensions\{c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a}

The above has been picked up by my Spyware Cleaner as an extreme risk, but
is this something that I should remove or leave? I was not sure if it could
be something like we allow Windows update to check our system in order to see
if we need any updates so thought that it might be part of our system. We
also have the Windows spyware installed along with the other Spyware cleaner
but this item was there before we installed the windows sypware.
1 answer Last reply
More about spyware

    Remove.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
    Explorer\Extensions\{c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} appears to be an
    Alexa related Toolbar.

    Do you also have...
    C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:02EBF090-1C2E-4A26-88FF-255F1A8A523F@microsoft.com,
    Ed&By <Ed&By@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
    > Explorer\Extensions\{c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a}
    >
    > The above has been picked up by my Spyware Cleaner as an extreme
    > risk, but is this something that I should remove or leave? I was not
    > sure if it could be something like we allow Windows update to check
    > our system in order to see if we need any updates so thought that it
    > might be part of our system. We also have the Windows spyware
    > installed along with the other Spyware cleaner but this item was
    > there before we installed the windows sypware.

Microsoft Spyware Windows XP