Help HALO jerky graphics 9800XT 256 ATI card?

Chingy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

Help HALO jerky graphics 9800XT 256 ATI card?I tried newest drivers with
newest chipset drivers hyperian 4.53 but the damn thing plays no way near
the quality and smoothness of geforce 4 4200 ti card 128 mb.

System is p42.4, 2 gig memory ddr 333

Even with mere resolution of 640*something LOL I forgot still jerky...

ME

"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
> Help HALO jerky graphics 9800XT 256 ATI card?I tried newest drivers with
> newest chipset drivers hyperian 4.53 but the damn thing plays no way near
> the quality and smoothness of geforce 4 4200 ti card 128 mb.
>
> System is p42.4, 2 gig memory ddr 333
>
> Even with mere resolution of 640*something LOL I forgot still jerky...

I have a P4 2.0 and a 9800XT and Halo ran very smoothly at 1280x1024.

I had a similar problem, as I recall. There is a video setting in the game,
having to do with FPS (frames per second). Mine defaulted to
30FPS...claiming it offered the smoothest overall performance. The other
two choices were something to do with VSYNC, On, or Off. One of the VSYNC
choices smoothed it out...I think it was VSYNC Off.

The game HALO, leaves a lot to be desired, when it comes to response,
regardless of the hardware it's running on. If you want to see what your
video card is capable of, with good programming, check out UT2004 (Unreal
Tournament 2004). You can download a FREE demo, that's is very playable!

Bill Crocker

"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
> Help HALO jerky graphics 9800XT 256 ATI card?I tried newest drivers with
> newest chipset drivers hyperian 4.53 but the damn thing plays no way near
> the quality and smoothness of geforce 4 4200 ti card 128 mb.
>
> System is p42.4, 2 gig memory ddr 333
>
> Even with mere resolution of 640*something LOL I forgot still jerky...

get the latest patch for halo.. they fixed many bugs related to 'jerkiness'
"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
> Help HALO jerky graphics 9800XT 256 ATI card?I tried newest drivers with
> newest chipset drivers hyperian 4.53 but the damn thing plays no way near
> the quality and smoothness of geforce 4 4200 ti card 128 mb.
>
> System is p42.4, 2 gig memory ddr 333
>
> Even with mere resolution of 640*something LOL I forgot still jerky...

>> Help HALO jerky graphics 9800XT 256 ATI card?I tried newest drivers with
>> newest chipset drivers hyperian 4.53 but the damn thing plays no way near
>> the quality and smoothness of geforce 4 4200 ti card 128 mb.
>>
>> System is p42.4, 2 gig memory ddr 333
>>
>> Even with mere resolution of 640*something LOL I forgot still jerky...
>>

> I have a P4 2.0 and a 9800XT and Halo ran very smoothly at 1280x1024.

Now isn't that just the most helpful comment you've ever had ??

I would suggest checking carefully for programs running in the background.
Any download managers/bit torrent clients/screensavers....something is
interrupting the game.
Not that HALO is really worth the effort, imo.

ME

"redTed" <redted@nthelloworld.com> wrote in message
> >> Help HALO jerky graphics 9800XT 256 ATI card?I tried newest drivers
with
> >> newest chipset drivers hyperian 4.53 but the damn thing plays no way
near
> >> the quality and smoothness of geforce 4 4200 ti card 128 mb.
> >>
> >> System is p42.4, 2 gig memory ddr 333
> >>
> >> Even with mere resolution of 640*something LOL I forgot still jerky...
> >>

> > I have a P4 2.0 and a 9800XT and Halo ran very smoothly at 1280x1024.
> >

> Now isn't that just the most helpful comment you've ever had ??

Sure it is. It lets him know it's something specific about his PC and not
the 9800XT, which seemed to be the main thing he was concerned about since
he was comparing it to the 4200ti...

> Sure it is. It lets him know it's something specific about his PC and not
> the 9800XT, which seemed to be the main thing he was concerned about since
> he was comparing it to the 4200ti...

Oh, right then.
I've got it now...
My system ran HALO perfectly too. (Can I put "hahahaha" in here?)

make sure all of the other driver's is gone. it still might be there!!!!
"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
> Help HALO jerky graphics 9800XT 256 ATI card?I tried newest drivers with
> newest chipset drivers hyperian 4.53 but the damn thing plays no way near
> the quality and smoothness of geforce 4 4200 ti card 128 mb.
>
> System is p42.4, 2 gig memory ddr 333
>
> Even with mere resolution of 640*something LOL I forgot still jerky...

ajc

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Are you sure that the ati9800xt is running in AGP mode? ....look at
smartgart in the ATI display properties.... I had to re-install the agp xp
driver for my ASUS motherboard after the card was fitted.

"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
> Help HALO jerky graphics 9800XT 256 ATI card?I tried newest drivers with
> newest chipset drivers hyperian 4.53 but the damn thing plays no way near
> the quality and smoothness of geforce 4 4200 ti card 128 mb.
>
> System is p42.4, 2 gig memory ddr 333
>
> Even with mere resolution of 640*something LOL I forgot still jerky...

TRENDING THREADS