www links in outlook not operative

I have XP Pro on my home computer and I have set up various accounts for my
family. I am an administrator and my family have restricted accounts.

My problem is that for some reason, when I click on a link in Outlook 2003 I
get the following message:

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer. Please contact your system administrator"

In the above statement, I have spelt "cancelled" as it was shown.

I have re-installed Office 2003 and looked at various properties in
Administrative Tools to no avail.

Any help would be appreciative before I do a final backup and a new
installation.

Regards to all

Pete

Hi Pete,

Open Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab.Choose Reset
Web Settings. Click OK and close the dialog. Then, from Start/Run, type this
command and press Enter:

regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll

If nothing helps, inspect the htmlfile and http associations in the
registry, as per KB310049:

OL2002: Error Message: This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to
Restrictions in Effect on this Computer...:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Pete Cuckoo" <pcuckoo@hotSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>I have XP Pro on my home computer and I have set up various accounts for my
>family. I am an administrator and my family have restricted accounts.
>
> My problem is that for some reason, when I click on a link in Outlook 2003
> I get the following message:
>
> "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
> computer. Please contact your system administrator"
>
> In the above statement, I have spelt "cancelled" as it was shown.
>
> I have re-installed Office 2003 and looked at various properties in
> Administrative Tools to no avail.
>
> Any help would be appreciative before I do a final backup and a new
> installation.
>
> Regards to all
>
> Pete

That's great Ramesh. Worked a treat. Many thanks.

Pete
> Hi Pete,
>
> Open Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab.Choose Reset
> Web Settings. Click OK and close the dialog. Then, from Start/Run, type
> this command and press Enter:
>
> regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll
>
> If nothing helps, inspect the htmlfile and http associations in the
> registry, as per KB310049:
>
> OL2002: Error Message: This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to
> Restrictions in Effect on this Computer...:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=310049
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Pete Cuckoo" <pcuckoo@hotSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have XP Pro on my home computer and I have set up various accounts for
>>my family. I am an administrator and my family have restricted accounts.
>>
>> My problem is that for some reason, when I click on a link in Outlook
>> 2003 I get the following message:
>>
>> "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
>> computer. Please contact your system administrator"
>>
>> In the above statement, I have spelt "cancelled" as it was shown.
>>
>> I have re-installed Office 2003 and looked at various properties in
>> Administrative Tools to no avail.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciative before I do a final backup and a new
>> installation.
>>
>> Regards to all
>>
>> Pete

Thanks for the feedback, Pete.