My configuration is the following:

AMD Athlon XP 2400+
Epox 8KHAL
1GB DDR RAM
ATi Radeon 9800 Pro

Windows XP SP2
VIA 4in1 4.43
ATi Catalyst 4.8

My problem is, that i got in games only half the frames i should.

In HL:CS i get 30-50 fps in 1024x768 with 2xFSAA and 4xAF.
There should be 100fps und 4xFSAA and 8xAF.

In other Shooters, i get too few fps too.

Does anyone have any clue?

Haggi20 wrote:

> My configuration is the following:
>
> AMD Athlon XP 2400+
> Epox 8KHAL
> 1GB DDR RAM
> ATi Radeon 9800 Pro
>
> Windows XP SP2
> VIA 4in1 4.43
> ATi Catalyst 4.8
>
> My problem is, that i got in games only half the frames i should.
>
> In HL:CS i get 30-50 fps in 1024x768 with 2xFSAA and 4xAF.
> There should be 100fps und 4xFSAA and 8xAF.
>
> In other Shooters, i get too few fps too.
>
> Does anyone have any clue?

Any rouge proggies running in the background?
tRev.

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

"Trevor van Andel" <tavanandelNoSpam@SpamFreeoptushome.com.au> wrote in
message news:413fa238$0$24970$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Haggi20 wrote:
>
>> My configuration is the following:
>>
>> AMD Athlon XP 2400+
>> Epox 8KHAL
>> 1GB DDR RAM
>> ATi Radeon 9800 Pro
>>
>> Windows XP SP2
>> VIA 4in1 4.43
>> ATi Catalyst 4.8
>>
>> My problem is, that i got in games only half the frames i should.
>>
>> In HL:CS i get 30-50 fps in 1024x768 with 2xFSAA and 4xAF.
>> There should be 100fps und 4xFSAA and 8xAF.
>>
>> In other Shooters, i get too few fps too.
>>
>> Does anyone have any clue?
>>

> Any rouge proggies running in the background?
> tRev.

why would red programs slow him down?

to op, make sure anything to do with ati in config is set to 0. easy way is
in console is to just type ati and go from there.

unless its the source version!!!
--
Les