Change Windows Firewall settings

Hi,
Everytime I click on "Change Windows Firewall settings" I get this error
message:

"Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall
settings."

What's happening? What I need to do to solve this?

thanx.

Hi,
See if this command helps, from Start/Run:

regsvr32 hnetcfg.dll

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Curioso wrote:

> Hi,
> Everytime I click on "Change Windows Firewall settings" I get
> this error message:
>
> "Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display
> Windows Firewall settings."
>
> What's happening? What I need to do to solve this?
Hi

See if registering the following DLLs helps:

From Start/Run, run the following commands:

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\atl.dll

then

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\hnetcfg.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netshell.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netman.dll

Then do a reboot.

If that didn't work, please try this:

Start/Run --> cmd.exe

and then, in the command prompt that opened up, type:

netsh.exe winsock reset

and hit Enter. Follow prompts and reboot.

After resetting winsock you should re-install any applications which
are layered service providers (lsp). typical apps of this nature are
firewalls and anti-virus/anti-spyware.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Maybe if you set your computer time back to the correct time it may work
properly.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"