Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Keep losing broadband connection

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 13, 2005 10:29:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I randomly keep losing my net connection and this coincides with receiving a
Failure Audit in the Security tab in Event Viewer. The error code is 615 &
description is

"IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network
interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the
machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as
desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to
further diagnose the problem.

The problem started a week ago and I have since done a clean reinstall of XP
but the problem remains. Prior to this I have kept my net connection on 24
hrs for 2 years with no problems. I am using Nortons 2005 Firewall.

My ISP say not a line fault so any help would be appreciated as it is
driving me mad.

Pete
March 13, 2005 10:55:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Hi Pete,
I bet the reason you're having trouble staying connected is because you
installed Service Pack 2, I had to uninstall Service Pack 2 because I was
having the same trouble. I did go to a microsoft website and did talk to a
tech and he gave me a list of instructions to remedy the problem. I decided
not to do that but you might want to. Maybe you want to keep Service Pack 2
and talk to a tech person at Microsoft. Good luck dude.
Melvin- Colorado Springs, Co
speedster66@hotmail.com


"Pete H" wrote:

> I randomly keep losing my net connection and this coincides with receiving a
> Failure Audit in the Security tab in Event Viewer. The error code is 615 &
> description is
>
> "IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network
> interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the
> machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as
> desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to
> further diagnose the problem.
>
> The problem started a week ago and I have since done a clean reinstall of XP
> but the problem remains. Prior to this I have kept my net connection on 24
> hrs for 2 years with no problems. I am using Nortons 2005 Firewall.
>
> My ISP say not a line fault so any help would be appreciated as it is
> driving me mad.
>
> Pete
>
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 14, 2005 9:35:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. One question if I may though, wouldnt everybody have
the same problem if it was just down to SP2 ? I actually installed SP2 when
it was first released and had no problems so still searching for a solution.
I am back investigating with the ISP who in typical manner a being as
unhelpful as ever !!


"Melvin" wrote:

> Hi Pete,
> I bet the reason you're having trouble staying connected is because you
> installed Service Pack 2, I had to uninstall Service Pack 2 because I was
> having the same trouble. I did go to a microsoft website and did talk to a
> tech and he gave me a list of instructions to remedy the problem. I decided
> not to do that but you might want to. Maybe you want to keep Service Pack 2
> and talk to a tech person at Microsoft. Good luck dude.
> Melvin- Colorado Springs, Co
> speedster66@hotmail.com
>
>
> "Pete H" wrote:
>
> > I randomly keep losing my net connection and this coincides with receiving a
> > Failure Audit in the Security tab in Event Viewer. The error code is 615 &
> > description is
> >
> > "IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network
> > interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the
> > machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as
> > desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to
> > further diagnose the problem.
> >
> > The problem started a week ago and I have since done a clean reinstall of XP
> > but the problem remains. Prior to this I have kept my net connection on 24
> > hrs for 2 years with no problems. I am using Nortons 2005 Firewall.
> >
> > My ISP say not a line fault so any help would be appreciated as it is
> > driving me mad.
> >
> > Pete
> >
Related resources
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 30, 2005 3:01:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

pete I'm wondering what you have for a internet connection; ie: dsl?
cable? is there a router in between? If you are using ethernet are you
set up with dynamic addressing? What services are running on your
machine? Is this XP pro? If you can, run 'hijack this'
(http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip) and post the log so we can
see whats going on in the background.


--
gtdriver94
------------------------------------------------------------------------
gtdriver94's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=11263
View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819048468
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 30, 2005 3:01:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Thanks for your response. The problem was down to my DSL filter not being set
up correctly (yes I am embarrassed). My IP upgraded my line to 2 MB and this
caused the drop out of service due to other noise on the line that my 1 MB
line could handle.

Cheers
Pete

"gtdriver94" wrote:

>
> pete I'm wondering what you have for a internet connection; ie: dsl?
> cable? is there a router in between? If you are using ethernet are you
> set up with dynamic addressing? What services are running on your
> machine? Is this XP pro? If you can, run 'hijack this'
> (http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip) and post the log so we can
> see whats going on in the background.
>
>
> --
> gtdriver94
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> gtdriver94's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=11263
> View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819048468
>
>
!