Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Hello,
My computer was working fine yesterday (on windows XP Pro) and today I
turned it on and it said that it was missing NTLDR and wants to restart the
computer. I try using te recovery console but whatever retard designed it
is...well...a retard. It is useless. I would really like to be able to have
some help so that I can keep all of my files which are very important.
Thank You,
Brandon Milonovich

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try booting from the CD and do a Repair install.

"Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> My computer was working fine yesterday (on windows XP Pro) and today I
> turned it on and it said that it was missing NTLDR and wants to restart
> the
> computer. I try using te recovery console but whatever retard designed it
> is...well...a retard. It is useless. I would really like to be able to
> have
> some help so that I can keep all of my files which are very important.
> Thank You,
> Brandon Milonovich

I tried this already but it did not work.
Thanks,
Brandon

"Jerry" wrote:

> Try booting from the CD and do a Repair install.
>
> "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > My computer was working fine yesterday (on windows XP Pro) and today I
> > turned it on and it said that it was missing NTLDR and wants to restart
> > the
> > computer. I try using te recovery console but whatever retard designed it
> > is...well...a retard. It is useless. I would really like to be able to
> > have
> > some help so that I can keep all of my files which are very important.
> > Thank You,
> > Brandon Milonovich

map

Do you know why it didn't work?

"Brandon" wrote:

> I tried this already but it did not work.
> Thanks,
> Brandon
>
> "Jerry" wrote:
>
> > Try booting from the CD and do a Repair install.
> >
> > "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > > My computer was working fine yesterday (on windows XP Pro) and today I
> > > turned it on and it said that it was missing NTLDR and wants to restart
> > > the
> > > computer. I try using te recovery console but whatever retard designed it
> > > is...well...a retard. It is useless. I would really like to be able to
> > > have
> > > some help so that I can keep all of my files which are very important.
> > > Thank You,
> > > Brandon Milonovich

I tried this and now it says that NTLDR is compressed!

"MAP" wrote:

> Do you know why it didn't work?
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
>
> "Brandon" wrote:
>
> > I tried this already but it did not work.
> > Thanks,
> > Brandon
> >
> > "Jerry" wrote:
> >
> > > Try booting from the CD and do a Repair install.
> > >
> > > "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Some "retard" must have "compressed" the "system" drive, now it won't boot
because the "boot loader" doesn't know how to uncompress a compressed file -
this don't happen until "Windows" is fully up and running - after going
through and reloading the system from scratch, consider this a "lesson" in
"not" what to do - if compressing the "system" drive, don't compress the
"boot files" found in the root of the "system" drive.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

> I tried this and now it says that NTLDR is compressed!
>
> "MAP" wrote:
>
> > Do you know why it didn't work?
> > http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
> >
> > "Brandon" wrote:
> >
> > > I tried this already but it did not work.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Brandon

Excuse me, I have not even touched the system drive nor compressed it. I
can't get into windows and would simply like to know how to decompress it!
Thanks

"Admiral Q" wrote:

> Some "retard" must have "compressed" the "system" drive, now it won't boot
> because the "boot loader" doesn't know how to uncompress a compressed file -
> this don't happen until "Windows" is fully up and running - after going
> through and reloading the system from scratch, consider this a "lesson" in
> "not" what to do - if compressing the "system" drive, don't compress the
> "boot files" found in the root of the "system" drive.
>
> --
> Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
> "Google is your Friend!"
> www.google.com

> "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I tried this and now it says that NTLDR is compressed!
> >
> > "MAP" wrote:
> >
> > > Do you know why it didn't work?
> > > http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

> today I
> restart
> designed it
> able to
> important.

"Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried this and now it says that NTLDR is compressed!

Boot to the recovery console and try this command:

ATTRIB -C NTLDR

Let us know if this works.

Kerry

Hello,
I tried this like you said but now it acts like it is going to load and then
it says that it can't find the file \windows\system32\config\system (It also
may be corrupt). This is really starting to tick me off. Please help me
soon, I need my computer soooo bad. I also found on another website a thing
that said to put the ntldr file, ntdetect.com, and boot.ini file on a disk
and boot to that but it gives me the same problem.

> Hello,
> I tried this like you said but now it acts like it is going to load and
> then
> it says that it can't find the file \windows\system32\config\system (It
> also
> may be corrupt). This is really starting to tick me off. Please help me
> soon, I need my computer soooo bad. I also found on another website a
> thing
> that said to put the ntldr file, ntdetect.com, and boot.ini file on a disk
> and boot to that but it gives me the same problem.

Have you recently added anything to your computer (hardware or software)?
Sometimes bad RAM or a bad hard drive can cause Windows to think that files
are corrupt. After doing the repair install what happened? Did you
immediately get the NTLDR error the first time it tried to boot? Did you try
safe mode at that point? What type of hard drive do you have? Is it SATA?
What size is it? Had you installed SP2 before you had this problem? If so
did the disk you did the repair install from have SP2 slipstreamed?

This seems like a lot of questions but you are asking for help and giving us
very little information.

Kerry

> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I tried this and now it says that NTLDR is compressed!
>> >

>> Boot to the recovery console and try this command:
>>
>> ATTRIB -C NTLDR
>>
>> Let us know if this works.
>>
>> Kerry

Ok then,
I have not added any software or hardware recently. The first time I did
the repair install it restarted after doing it and still had the same
problem. Now I don't have the option to do the repair install and even
though I have tried the things to get a repair install it does not work. I
couldn't get into safe mode because the NTLDR problem occured, now it still
doesn't do any good because that error I told you about comes up. I have a
western digital 120 gb hard drive. I am not sure what you mean SATA but it
is hooked up by the IDE cable. (not external). SP2 has been installed for
quite some time (XP Pro). I did the repair from the original XP CD with out
SP2 so I guess that means it is not slipstreamed.

Thanks again

> Ok then,
> I have not added any software or hardware recently. The first time I did
> the repair install it restarted after doing it and still had the same
> problem. Now I don't have the option to do the repair install and even
> though I have tried the things to get a repair install it does not work.
> couldn't get into safe mode because the NTLDR problem occured, now it
> still
> doesn't do any good because that error I told you about comes up. I have
> western digital 120 gb hard drive. I am not sure what you mean SATA but
> it
> is hooked up by the IDE cable. (not external). SP2 has been installed for
> quite some time (XP Pro). I did the repair from the original XP CD with
> out
> SP2 so I guess that means it is not slipstreamed.

Brandon

It is not looking good for saving your files. It looks like you may have to
format the drive and start again. Before doing that I would make sure it's
not a hardware problem. Bad RAM or a bad hard drive can cause the problems
you are having. A bad power supply can also indirectly cause the problem.
You should try disconnecting all your drives including any CDROM/DVDROM
except for the hard drive you boot from. The power cables and data cables
must be physically disconnected. Disconnect all external devices except
keyboard and mouse. If you have any extra PCI cards installed remove them as
well.This will get your power consumption to a bare minimum. See if it boots
to Windows now. If it does you have a bad power supply or one of the items
you disconnected is bad. If not something else is the problem. If you have
more than one stick of RAM, try removing all but one and see what happens.
Try booting with each stick. If you have only one stick you could try a
memory test program like the one at www.memtest.org You should also go to
www.westerndigital.com and download the diagnostic utility for your hard
drive. Warning! some of the functions in the hard drive diagnostic will
erase your data. Be careful when using it. If none of this works and you
really need the data I would take the computer to good repair shop in your
area.

Kerry