PowerColor 9800 Pro EZ good card?

Is the Powercolor 9800 Pro EZ a good card compared to other 9800 Pros?
I'm looking at a PowerColor and a Sapphire, but the PowerColor is
cheaper. I plan on using it in a new system with an Athlon 64 3000+,
a Chaintech VNF3-250, and 1GB of DDR400 (2x512). The 9800XT and the
X800 are both quite a lot more than I can afford, and I really like
ATI's drivers. I can also afford an AIW 9700 Pro, but I would rather
have the performance and I don't really need the features of an AIW
card.
Thanks in advance,
-Hukuis
3 answers Last reply
More about powercolor 9800 good card

    try to avoid the powercolor brand as it's the bottom of the barrel, the
    sapphire one on the other hand is up there, i suggest you go w/ the
    sapphire, but it all comes down to your budget and if u're able to dish out
    the extra $$$.

    "Khar00f" <Khar00f@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<z_40d.21833$sz2.240635@wagner.videotron.net>...
    > try to avoid the powercolor brand as it's the bottom of the barrel, the
    > sapphire one on the other hand is up there, i suggest you go w/ the
    > sapphire
    Is there any real difference in performance? Will overclocking be
    enough to compensate for this difference if it exists? Should I
    invest in a 256MB card right now, even if it means buying a slightly
    older GPU? Is the 9800XT expected to significantly drop in price
    within the next 5 months? Thanks for the help,
    -Hukuis

    > "Khar00f" <Khar00f@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > try to avoid the powercolor brand as it's the bottom of the barrel, the
    > > sapphire one on the other hand is up there, i suggest you go w/ the
    > > sapphire
    > Is there any real difference in performance? Will overclocking be
    > enough to compensate for this difference if it exists? Should I
    > invest in a 256MB card right now, even if it means buying a slightly
    > older GPU? Is the 9800XT expected to significantly drop in price
    > within the next 5 months? Thanks for the help,
    > -Hukuis
    I know the Powercolor card is clocked a bit lower but I believe (and you
    need to check this is true) that the memory bandwidth is reduced from 256bit
    to 128bit and
    THAT is important.

Radeon PowerColor ATI Graphics