Problem in deleting virus

March 14, 2005 3:33:02 AM

Hello Professionals,
I have problem in my computer, there is a virus in my computer called"
Trojan. Startpage virus".I have used the Norton anti virus, but this software
still cannot removed. What should I do? Urgent!
Thanks!

Tim

More about : problem deleting virus

March 14, 2005 8:02:28 AM

TIM wrote:

> Hello Professionals,
> I have problem in my computer, there is a virus in my computer called"
> Trojan. Startpage virus".I have used the Norton anti virus, but this
> software still cannot removed. What should I do? Urgent!
> Thanks!
>

> Tim

Did you follow these instructions completely?
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

Always do scans for malware in Safe Mode.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Can you tell me in more details steps OK?

TIM
March 14, 2005 9:43:22 PM

TIM wrote:

> Can you tell me in more details steps OK?
>
> TIM

Tell you what in more details? To get into Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the
F8 key as the computer is starting up. This will get you to the correct
menu to select Safe Mode. Once in Safe Mode, run your antivirus with
updated definitions. Follow the removal steps for your particular
trojan in the Symantec link I gave you. If you still don't understand
what to do, please post back with exactly what part you are having
trouble with.

Malke
--
!