Problem in deleting virus

Hello Professionals,
I have problem in my computer, there is a virus in my computer called"
Trojan. Startpage virus".I have used the Norton anti virus, but this software
still cannot removed. What should I do? Urgent!
Thanks!

Tim
3 answers Last reply
More about problem deleting virus

    TIM wrote:

    > Hello Professionals,
    > I have problem in my computer, there is a virus in my computer called"
    > Trojan. Startpage virus".I have used the Norton anti virus, but this
    > software still cannot removed. What should I do? Urgent!
    > Thanks!
    >

    > Tim

    Did you follow these instructions completely?
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.startpage.html

    Always do scans for malware in Safe Mode.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Can you tell me in more details steps OK?

    TIM

    TIM wrote:

    > Can you tell me in more details steps OK?
    >
    > TIM

    Tell you what in more details? To get into Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the
    F8 key as the computer is starting up. This will get you to the correct
    menu to select Safe Mode. Once in Safe Mode, run your antivirus with
    updated definitions. Follow the removal steps for your particular
    trojan in the Symantec link I gave you. If you still don't understand
    what to do, please post back with exactly what part you are having
    trouble with.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User