ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Show off Demo?

Hi. When I got my ATI Rage 128 card years back, it had a real-time
technology demo on the driver disc. I think it was called Dawning. It showed
off the different things the graphics card could do, and had a nice
demo..... with things like water-falls, and all kinds of lighting etc.
Having just got my new radeon, I was a little dissapointed that there wasn't
any show-off demos on the disc. Do they still do these? I'd quite like one
of these just out of interest, see what kind of framerates I'm getting and
things like that.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? (I know of the 3Dmark stuff
etc, I just hoped for something specially designed for the radeon 9800 Pro)

"The Hangman" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
> Hi. When I got my ATI Rage 128 card years back, it had a real-time
> technology demo on the driver disc. I think it was called Dawning. It
> showed
> off the different things the graphics card could do, and had a nice
> demo..... with things like water-falls, and all kinds of lighting etc.
> Having just got my new radeon, I was a little dissapointed that there
> wasn't
> any show-off demos on the disc. Do they still do these? I'd quite like one
> of these just out of interest, see what kind of framerates I'm getting and
> things like that.
>
> Can anybody point me in the right direction? (I know of the 3Dmark stuff
> etc, I just hoped for something specially designed for the radeon 9800
> Pro)

Try here :

http://www.ati.com/developer/demos/r9800.html

"NDF" <none@entered.com> wrote in message

> "The Hangman" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. When I got my ATI Rage 128 card years back, it had a real-time
> > technology demo on the driver disc. I think it was called Dawning. It
> > showed
> > off the different things the graphics card could do, and had a nice
> > demo..... with things like water-falls, and all kinds of lighting etc.
> > Having just got my new radeon, I was a little dissapointed that there
> > wasn't
> > any show-off demos on the disc. Do they still do these? I'd quite like
one
> > of these just out of interest, see what kind of framerates I'm getting
and
> > things like that.
> >
> > Can anybody point me in the right direction? (I know of the 3Dmark stuff
> > etc, I just hoped for something specially designed for the radeon 9800
> > Pro)
> >

> Try here :
>
> http://www.ati.com/developer/demos/r9800.html

I should have been able to find this myself, thanks for pointing it out. ;)

Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> Look at the 9700 demos as well. The Animusic one is very impressive
> IMO.

Thanks both for those links -- Animusic is particularly good!

--

(O) e n o n e