How to decrypt files without the EFS Certificate

Hello,

I accidently delete the EFS certificate in "Personal"
certificate for one of my encrypted folder. I did not
export the certificate before and did not delegate a
recovery agent. Right now I could not open the files
within it because I do not have permissions. How stupid i
am...

Is there any way to solve this serious problem?

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about decrypt files certificate

    No, without the necessary data, your data is effectively gone for good.
    See the links near the bottom of this page for ways to help prevent this in
    the future:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/encrypt.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Springna wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I accidently delete the EFS certificate in "Personal"
    > certificate for one of my encrypted folder. I did not
    > export the certificate before and did not delegate a
    > recovery agent. Right now I could not open the files
    > within it because I do not have permissions. How stupid i
    > am...
    >
    > Is there any way to solve this serious problem?
    Hi

    Unless you have a backup of your user profile folder before you
    deleted the EFS certificate, your files are gone.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Opps.. I did not have.
    BTW, if I have, where would the certificate be within the
    user profile folder?

    Thanks again!

    Norway
    >Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version
    of
    >the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.msp
    >.

    > Opps.. I did not have.
    > BTW, if I have, where would the certificate be within the
    > user profile folder?
    Hi

    Take a look at this site for more details:

    http://www.beginningtoseethelight.org/efsrecovery/

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Data Recovery Security Microsoft Certificate Windows XP