How will X700 compare with 6600GT?

Looking to upgrade to P4 3 something and I am looking for a mid range
vid card but I am hearing that X600 doesn't quite cut it. Will X700 be a
worthy competitor to the 6600GT?

I rather have an AMD for gaming but will have to wait until chipsets are
ready for PCI-e. Don't mind Intel though!

Ron

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:16:04 GMT, Rockin Ronnie
<joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Looking to upgrade to P4 3 something and I am looking for a mid range
>vid card but I am hearing that X600 doesn't quite cut it. Will X700 be a
>worthy competitor to the 6600GT?
>
>I rather have an AMD for gaming but will have to wait until chipsets are
>ready for PCI-e. Don't mind Intel though!
>
>Ron

Haven't seen any previews/reviews of X700 so can't say for sure -
maybe. I would just buy a 6600GT if you are wanting to go PCIExpress
now.