Tv-Out Problems

Hello. I've never used tv-out before, and I'm attempting to connect my PC,
to my tv!

I'm using the S-video lead, so far I'm having trouble. I can get the image
on the tv screen, but it's in black and white (more so grey). I have no idea
how to fix this, even after fiddling around with all the settings. I was
wondering it anyone can help me at all. The tv supports NTSC as well as
PAL... and that's about it. It's a widescreen tv, and obsiouly has an
S-video connection. I have tried outputting in both 1024 x 768 and 800x600.
So far, no luck.

I really don't know what I'm doing... can someone guide me through please?

"The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I've never used tv-out before, and I'm attempting to connect my PC,
> to my tv!
>
> I'm using the S-video lead, so far I'm having trouble. I can get the image
> on the tv screen, but it's in black and white (more so grey). I have no
> idea
> how to fix this, even after fiddling around with all the settings. I was
> wondering it anyone can help me at all. The tv supports NTSC as well as
> PAL... and that's about it. It's a widescreen tv, and obsiouly has an
> S-video connection. I have tried outputting in both 1024 x 768 and
> 800x600.
> So far, no luck.
>
> I really don't know what I'm doing... can someone guide me through please?

Sometimes it can be as simple as unplugging the S-video cable and
reinserting it. Seriously...

"Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message

> "The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. I've never used tv-out before, and I'm attempting to connect my
PC,
> > to my tv!
> >
> > I'm using the S-video lead, so far I'm having trouble. I can get the
image
> > on the tv screen, but it's in black and white (more so grey). I have no
> > idea
> > how to fix this, even after fiddling around with all the settings. I was
> > wondering it anyone can help me at all. The tv supports NTSC as well as
> > PAL... and that's about it. It's a widescreen tv, and obsiouly has an
> > S-video connection. I have tried outputting in both 1024 x 768 and
> > 800x600.
> > So far, no luck.
> >
> > I really don't know what I'm doing... can someone guide me through
please?

> Sometimes it can be as simple as unplugging the S-video cable and
> reinserting it. Seriously...

Thanks dude, not fixed though.

"Vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The cable is connected directly in to a s-video jack, not through scart,
> correct?
>
> Black&white image while using s-video cables usually means that your
TV-set
> is expecting a composite signal instead of s-video. Difference being:
> composite carries only one signal that hold both color and brightness
> information, s-video carries two separate signals called luminance
> (brigthness) and chrominance (colors) (component carries even more
> information; it has three separate color signals and luminance). And if
the
> tv expects composite and the incoming signal is s-video only the luminance
> signal is shown. Hence the b&w image.
>
> It could be possible that you need to "tell" your TV to use s-video. On my
> set there are separate AV-channels for composite or S-video viewing; AV1,
> AV2 and AV2S. If I'm using s-video cable I need to select AV2S. At the
same
> AV2 shows b&w image (AV1 nothing since it is a physically different jack).

Thanks dude, that was totally it. I hadn't realsied I had to tell the tv
which input I wanted to use.