PowerColor Reveals the Devil 13 HD6970

Status
Not open for further replies.

josejones

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
It all sounds great except that it only provides PCIe 2.1 support instead of PCIe 3.0. So, I'll just wait until AMD/Radeon comes out with their 7000 series GPU's.

mrcarruthers

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
whats with the blatant ads being posted as news items? there's this, the cases that take large GPUs and the thermaltake ad with the "amazing" feature that has the PSU on the bottom.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]mrcarruthers[/nom]whats with the blatant ads being posted as news items? there's this, the cases that take large GPUs and the thermaltake ad with the "amazing" feature that has the PSU on the bottom.[/citation]

Folks gotta eat. LOL.

[citation][nom]mrcarruthers[/nom]whats with the blatant ads being posted as news items? there's this, the cases that take large GPUs and the thermaltake ad with the "amazing" feature that has the PSU on the bottom.[/citation]
whats with people with big mouths that can't just look at a new product for what it is? You think we all dont know that there are already bottom mount PSU cases? no sh*t sherlock. Its a new item for the manufacturer, its not like they released an Apple patent for it, get over it.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
let me guess...powercolor paid tomshardware for this aricle...there are already 6970s with similar heatinks and vrm configurations already available.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]JoseJones[/nom]It all sounds great except that it only provides PCIe 2.1 support instead of PCIe 3.0. So, I'll just wait until AMD/Radeon comes out with their 7000 series GPU's.[/citation]
Benchmarks to prove that it matters? If you have a full 16 lanes feeding a 16X 2.1 slot, I think you'll be fine. You would need a 79xx in your hands before you start worrying about 16 lane interface bandwidth too much.

Nim Chimpsky

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]they do, its the "Sponsored" section.[/citation]
Great. That makes the placement of this article even worse. They're implicitly stating that this is not "Sponsored," and then writing "Learn more about the PowerColor Devil 13 HD6970 at PowerColor's product page."

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Article[/nom]ultra large 92mm cooling fans[/citation]

92 isn't ultra large for a GPU, ASUS uses 120 on the 580 Matrix.

News is good but, we need numbers, price and a value comparison to see if it's worth paying the extra premium

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]Pimpin!If only I had the 20 billion dollars that thing must cost...I'll stick with my $80 HD4870.[/citation]

I had one of these. It has been a solid card for three years. Gave it to my younger sister to buy a new 6950 but it's still working like a champ

Status
Not open for further replies.