games experience being ruined

ok i havent a clue what is causing this but when i play games, randomly it goes back to the desktop because of a pop up has come up. I mean surely it shouldn't do this. I have a pop up stopper, if its on or if it isnt pop ups still make the comp go to desktop. Its so annoying can neone help please.
6 answers Last reply
More about games experience ruined
  1. It would really be beneficial to you if you were alot more specific. What kind of pop ups? What operating system are you running? etc etc.

Even without that information, I can tell you that it's probably just some form of spyware. Download and install Ad-Aware 6 from <A HREF="http://www.lavasoft.com" target="_new">LavaSoft</A> and let it do it's scan, then delete all of the items it lists when the scan is complete.
  2. I agree, sounds like spyware. I use AdAware and it does the trick.

----------------------
    PIV 2.4c @ 2.88ghz
    1gig PC3200 (512mbx2)
    ASUS P4P800
    GF3 Ti200 64mb (soon to be replaced)
  3. if its a windows-style popup i bet you have to disable messenger in 'services'
  4. thanks that has helped alot. I had a spyware program that apparently creates pop ups. that ad aware is great its better than my last pop up stopper which was ads gone. thanks ne way i can now play the likes of the far cry demo and need for speed without being disturbed
  5. disabling messenger is just a bandaid. you need a firewall.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015
  6. Also watch out for ZoneAlarm, it will freeze and crash a lot of games until you grant access or in some cases just shut it off. Other than that it's a great Firewall IMHO.
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Games Video Games