Catalyst Control Centre problem

Can't get the CCC to run.

Net framework 1.1 installed OK, downloaded 4.9 with CCC and all
installed OK but when I click on the desktop icon nothing happens.
Tried accessing through Display setup and Start menu, still nothing.

Radeon 9700 Pro
XP Home - SP2

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

--
Mark

"The arrow on a moving target,
the archer must be sure of his aim........"
N. Peart
6 answers Last reply
More about catalyst control centre problem

    In article <7ekbk0h2trc808mdi4st2ub34c7guuh6mi@4ax.com>, Mark Lepak
    says...
    > Can't get the CCC to run.
    >
    > Net framework 1.1 installed OK, downloaded 4.9 with CCC and all
    > installed OK but when I click on the desktop icon nothing happens.
    > Tried accessing through Display setup and Start menu, still nothing.
    >
    > Radeon 9700 Pro
    > XP Home - SP2
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem?

    Yep. RE-installed and read the installation notes which said to
    uninstall the old drivers.

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

    Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote:

    >In article <7ekbk0h2trc808mdi4st2ub34c7guuh6mi@4ax.com>, Mark Lepak
    >says...
    >> Can't get the CCC to run.
    >>
    >> Net framework 1.1 installed OK, downloaded 4.9 with CCC and all
    >> installed OK but when I click on the desktop icon nothing happens.
    >> Tried accessing through Display setup and Start menu, still nothing.
    >>
    >> Radeon 9700 Pro
    >> XP Home - SP2
    >>
    >> Has anyone else had this problem?
    >>
    >Yep. RE-installed and read the installation notes which said to
    >uninstall the old drivers.
    Did that, uninstalled using Cat Uninstaller.

    Fresh install on 4.9 drivers.

    Brgds

    --
    Mark

    "The arrow on a moving target,
    the archer must be sure of his aim........"
    N. Peart

    Sounds like it could be the problem with a firewall running. Allow CCC in
    your firewall software.

    mk38

    > Can't get the CCC to run.
    >
    > Net framework 1.1 installed OK, downloaded 4.9 with CCC and all
    > installed OK but when I click on the desktop icon nothing happens.
    > Tried accessing through Display setup and Start menu, still nothing.
    >
    > Radeon 9700 Pro
    > XP Home - SP2
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Mark

    I haven't had any trouble with the CCC but i've uninstalled it as to me it
    just appears to be a bloated version of the display properties.

    "mk38" <mk38shooter@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

    >Sounds like it could be the problem with a firewall running. Allow CCC in
    >your firewall software.
    >
    >mk38

    Thanks, that worked kind of.

    CCC now runs but I can't get access to the Direct 3D or OpenGL
    screens, they just don't appear in the menu tree.

    --

    > "mk38" <mk38shooter@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Sounds like it could be the problem with a firewall running. Allow CCC in
    >>your firewall software.
    >>
    >>mk38
    >>
    > Thanks, that worked kind of.
    >
    > CCC now runs but I can't get access to the Direct 3D or OpenGL
    > screens, they just don't appear in the menu tree.

    This happened to me when I first installed this. I had to reinstall it AND
    make sure the firewall accepted it during this process. Then the D3D and
    OpenGL options appeared which weren't there initially. I ended up
    uninstalling it anyway because I couldn't see the option for the 3D hotkeys
    plus as others as said it's pretty bloated.

Radeon Catalyst Graphics