hydravision

ok, somewhat new to hydravision, have 2 19" monitors hooked up to a radeon
9800 pro. I wanted to get my tv tuner card to move to the second screen,
but it has no picture on the second monitor, but i have the sound, the
window moves over but the picture just disspears. Don't shoot me, i had the
tv tuner card first before i got the radeon. the tv tuner card is an
avermedia product and it was in an old computer, i wanted to see if i could
get this combination to work.

thanx for any information you can share with me.

James

--
______________________________________

see my newest creation at
http://webpages.charter.net/jamjohn/index.htm

Expect TV to only work on primary display. I'm under the impression it's
dependant on some feature called "hardware overlay" that only works on the
primary display. Past that ...

"James Johnson" <jamjohn@charter.net> wrote in message
> ok, somewhat new to hydravision, have 2 19" monitors hooked up to a radeon
> 9800 pro. I wanted to get my tv tuner card to move to the second screen,
> but it has no picture on the second monitor, but i have the sound, the
> window moves over but the picture just disspears. Don't shoot me, i had
the
> tv tuner card first before i got the radeon. the tv tuner card is an
> avermedia product and it was in an old computer, i wanted to see if i
could
> get this combination to work.
>
> thanx for any information you can share with me.
>
> James

> see my newest creation at
> http://webpages.charter.net/jamjohn/index.htm

is this the same for in the case i was to jump up to an all in wonder
radeon, and then do hydravision. even with the all in wonder you can't move
the tv tuner function to the other monitor?

thanx for your response.
James

--
______________________________________

"pjp" <pjpoirier_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com> wrote in message
> Expect TV to only work on primary display. I'm under the impression it's
> dependant on some feature called "hardware overlay" that only works on the
> primary display. Past that ...
>
> "James Johnson" <jamjohn@charter.net> wrote in message
>> ok, somewhat new to hydravision, have 2 19" monitors hooked up to a
>> radeon
>> 9800 pro. I wanted to get my tv tuner card to move to the second screen,
>> but it has no picture on the second monitor, but i have the sound, the
>> window moves over but the picture just disspears. Don't shoot me, i had
> the
>> tv tuner card first before i got the radeon. the tv tuner card is an
>> avermedia product and it was in an old computer, i wanted to see if i
> could
>> get this combination to work.
>>
>> thanx for any information you can share with me.
>>
>> James
>>
>> --
>> ______________________________________
>>
>> see my newest creation at
>> http://webpages.charter.net/jamjohn/index.htm

I think you'll find it has the same limitation.

> is this the same for in the case i was to jump up to an all in wonder
> radeon, and then do hydravision. even with the all in wonder you can't
move
> the tv tuner function to the other monitor?
>
> thanx for your response.
> James

> see my newest creation at
> http://webpages.charter.net/jamjohn/index.htm
> "pjp" <pjpoirier_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com> wrote in message
> > Expect TV to only work on primary display. I'm under the impression it's
> > dependant on some feature called "hardware overlay" that only works on
the
> > primary display. Past that ...
> >
> > "James Johnson" <jamjohn@charter.net> wrote in message
> >> ok, somewhat new to hydravision, have 2 19" monitors hooked up to a
> >> radeon
> >> 9800 pro. I wanted to get my tv tuner card to move to the second
screen,
> >> but it has no picture on the second monitor, but i have the sound, the
> >> window moves over but the picture just disspears. Don't shoot me, i
had
> > the
> >> tv tuner card first before i got the radeon. the tv tuner card is an
> >> avermedia product and it was in an old computer, i wanted to see if i
> > could
> >> get this combination to work.
> >>
> >> thanx for any information you can share with me.
> >>
> >> James
> >>
> >> --
> >> ______________________________________
> >>
> >> see my newest creation at
> >> http://webpages.charter.net/jamjohn/index.htm

> > is this the same for in the case i was to jump up to an all in wonder
> > radeon, and then do hydravision. even with the all in wonder you can't
> move
> > the tv tuner function to the other monitor?

It's a TV driver limitation... Hauppauge has some TV tuners that work
equally well on primary or secondary monitors. I have a USB TV tuner and I
can move the output from one monitor to the other on a dual head G550 video
card. I can't do that with the ATI TV Wonder I currently have installed.