Video card or DVD drive?

mo

Why does my DVD drive pause during playback, then start, then pause again
etc...?
I have all the latest drivers and have even went back to older ones and
still the same
thing happened.
Windows XP Pro
P4 2.2G
1G RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro
Sony DVD drive # DDU1621
It doesn`t matter what DVD I play new or old
the same thing happens. Thanks for the help

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:27:10 GMT, "mo" <the.hip@verizon.net> wrote:

>Why does my DVD drive pause during playback, then start, then pause again
>etc...?
>I have all the latest drivers and have even went back to older ones and
>still the same
>thing happened.
>Windows XP Pro
>P4 2.2G
>1G RAM
>Radeon 9800 Pro
>Sony DVD drive # DDU1621
> It doesn`t matter what DVD I play new or old
>the same thing happens. Thanks for the help

Go to device manager, select IDE ATA controller and make sure DMA is
on.

If you are running any programs in the background, turn them off. Check
your IDE ATAPI controllers to make sure that they are set for the right DMA
mode and that full caching is enabled.

JK

"mo" <the.hip@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Why does my DVD drive pause during playback, then start, then pause again
> etc...?
> I have all the latest drivers and have even went back to older ones and
> still the same
> thing happened.
> Windows XP Pro
> P4 2.2G
> 1G RAM
> Radeon 9800 Pro
> Sony DVD drive # DDU1621
> It doesn`t matter what DVD I play new or old
> the same thing happens. Thanks for the help

Tried playing a VCD in there? Does it behave the same?

"mo" <the.hip@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Why does my DVD drive pause during playback, then start, then pause again
> etc...?
> I have all the latest drivers and have even went back to older ones and
> still the same
> thing happened.
> Windows XP Pro
> P4 2.2G
> 1G RAM
> Radeon 9800 Pro
> Sony DVD drive # DDU1621
> It doesn`t matter what DVD I play new or old
> the same thing happens. Thanks for the help

Try enabling busmaster.Try a different dvd. Make sure u have agp
acceleration on. If not u need a driver for ur motherboard to enable this .