A bogus Microsoft site ?

Have I used a bogus Microsoft Support site I dont remember how I got to it
and I dont really want to go back to it but I try to get to a Microsoft
Support site sometimes and its display is a paler blue and the graphics are
less dense that this site . I suppose it could be a private site that picks
up the micrsoft posts like Ive seen the USA site do .
Can someone tell me there is such a legitimate site ...........please .

Visit: http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=1173

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Umwhat" wrote:

| Have I used a bogus Microsoft Support site I dont remember how I got to it
| and I dont really want to go back to it but I try to get to a Microsoft
| Support site sometimes and its display is a paler blue and the graphics are
| less dense that this site . I suppose it could be a private site that picks
| up the micrsoft posts like Ive seen the USA site do .
| Can someone tell me there is such a legitimate site ...........please .

sorry , I'm a bit of a dumb bum sometimes , I cant even type , I wondered why
you sent me to a search facility , fair enough I say .
I meant to ask were there any reports of false Microsoft Websites . It
seems very unlikely there would be a whole site like this one but I went to
one and the colours were the same and the print was a bit bigger and the
pages graphics were less dense than these . I didn't imagine this but I
supposed it was like the ExtremeTechs Forum in US that has the same posts as
this site . It must of been actually , but it seems a waste of time to
another one .

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Visit: http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=1173
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Umwhat" wrote:
>
> | Have I used a bogus Microsoft Support site I dont remember how I got to it
> | and I dont really want to go back to it but I try to get to a Microsoft
> | Support site sometimes and its display is a paler blue and the graphics are
> | less dense that this site . I suppose it could be a private site that picks
> | up the micrsoft posts like Ive seen the USA site do .
> | Can someone tell me there is such a legitimate site ...........please .

If you can't direct us to the site with a valid link, such as Carey gave to
you, how are we to determine if it is valid or not?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Umwhat" <Umwhat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> sorry , I'm a bit of a dumb bum sometimes , I cant even type , I wondered
> why
> you sent me to a search facility , fair enough I say .
> I meant to ask were there any reports of false Microsoft Websites . It
> seems very unlikely there would be a whole site like this one but I went
> one and the colours were the same and the print was a bit bigger and the
> pages graphics were less dense than these . I didn't imagine this but I
> supposed it was like the ExtremeTechs Forum in US that has the same posts
> as
> this site . It must of been actually , but it seems a waste of time to
> another one .
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Visit: http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=1173
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

>> "Umwhat" wrote:
>>
>> | Have I used a bogus Microsoft Support site I dont remember how I got
>> to it
>> | and I dont really want to go back to it but I try to get to a Microsoft
>> | Support site sometimes and its display is a paler blue and the graphics
>> are
>> | less dense that this site . I suppose it could be a private site that
>> picks
>> | up the micrsoft posts like Ive seen the USA site do .
>> | Can someone tell me there is such a legitimate site ...........please .

Fritz

Distinguished
May 13, 2003

If the domain in the URL of the site you went to is ".microsoft.com", then
most likely it's the legit site unless your hostfile was spoofed.
You can check your %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts to see if there
are any entries for *.microsoft.com in it.

"Umwhat" <Umwhat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> sorry , I'm a bit of a dumb bum sometimes , I cant even type , I wondered
> why
> you sent me to a search facility , fair enough I say .
> I meant to ask were there any reports of false Microsoft Websites . It
> seems very unlikely there would be a whole site like this one but I went
> one and the colours were the same and the print was a bit bigger and the
> pages graphics were less dense than these . I didn't imagine this but I
> supposed it was like the ExtremeTechs Forum in US that has the same posts
> as
> this site . It must of been actually , but it seems a waste of time to
> another one .
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Visit: http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=1173
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

>> "Umwhat" wrote:
>>
>> | Have I used a bogus Microsoft Support site I dont remember how I got
>> to it
>> | and I dont really want to go back to it but I try to get to a Microsoft
>> | Support site sometimes and its display is a paler blue and the graphics
>> are
>> | less dense that this site . I suppose it could be a private site that
>> picks
>> | up the micrsoft posts like Ive seen the USA site do .
>> | Can someone tell me there is such a legitimate site ...........please .

Fritz

Distinguished
May 13, 2003

I should have said hijacked, not spoofed.