Firewall/ ICS can't start

When I try to turn on the Microsoft firewall through Control Panels, it tells
me the "Microsoft Firewall/ Internect Connection Sharing cannot start." What
does this mean? I am running Win XP SP2. I have installed Microsoft
Antispyware program as well.

Thank you,

Nick

Try this.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892350

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"nickl" wrote:

> When I try to turn on the Microsoft firewall through Control Panels, it tells
> me the "Microsoft Firewall/ Internect Connection Sharing cannot start." What
> does this mean? I am running Win XP SP2. I have installed Microsoft
> Antispyware program as well.
>
> Thank you,
>
> NickI am having the same problem, I used System restore and this corrected this problem for a couple of days. I did some updates, turned off my computer to install these and since then both my firewall and system restore arn't working

Have you tried the link I posted?

Matt Gibson - GSEC