I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots al..

I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.

I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors using
current drivers for everything..

My machine is 2.8 p4

2 gig RAm

ATI 9800XT 256 MB

Cheers
9 answers Last reply
More about doom weird white sparkle dots

    "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
    >I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
    >
    > I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
    > upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
    > using current drivers for everything..
    >
    > My machine is 2.8 p4
    >
    > 2 gig RAm
    >
    > ATI 9800XT 256 MB

    Are you overclocking the 9800XT? It might be a resulting artifact.

    Sounds like overheating! If you're overclocking...slow it down a little.
    If not, check your cooling fans.

    Bill Crocker

    "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
    >I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
    >
    > I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
    > upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
    > using current drivers for everything..
    >
    > My machine is 2.8 p4
    >
    > 2 gig RAm
    >
    > ATI 9800XT 256 MB
    >
    > Cheers

    White dots in Doom3 were discused in this group several times
    a few weeks ago. There are some solutions that help certain people.
    Try googling throu this group and you will see.
    In my case I don't see any so I can't help you more.

    "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    >I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
    >
    > I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
    > upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
    > using current drivers for everything..
    >
    > My machine is 2.8 p4
    >
    > 2 gig RAm
    >
    > ATI 9800XT 256 MB

    Get the ATI performance fix. That solved it for me.
    Plus, it makes the game run smoother :-)

    /Henrik

    Sorry...can't remember where the fix is found. Care to post a link? Thanks.

    Regards,
    John O.

    "Henrik Stavnshøj" <hesta@nospam.dk> wrote in message
    > "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    >>I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
    >>
    >> I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
    >> upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
    >> using current drivers for everything..
    >>
    >> My machine is 2.8 p4
    >>
    >> 2 gig RAm
    >>
    >> ATI 9800XT 256 MB
    >
    > Get the ATI performance fix. That solved it for me.
    > Plus, it makes the game run smoother :-)
    >
    > /Henrik

    NAh I ain't overclocking and system is not warm...

    "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Sounds like overheating! If you're overclocking...slow it down a little.
    > If not, check your cooling fans.
    >
    > Bill Crocker
    >

    > "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
    >>I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
    >>
    >> I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
    >> upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
    >> using current drivers for everything..
    >>
    >> My machine is 2.8 p4
    >>
    >> 2 gig RAm
    >>
    >> ATI 9800XT 256 MB
    >>
    >> Cheers

    As suggested, downclock your card a little. Use ATiTool for this. D3 pushes
    your card, specifically memory. You can also try giving the card power
    through its OWN molex - i.e. not shared with anything else. But downclocking
    10mhz or so will fix it.

    "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
    >I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
    >
    > I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
    > upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
    > using current drivers for everything..
    >
    > My machine is 2.8 p4
    >
    > 2 gig RAm
    >
    > ATI 9800XT 256 MB
    >
    > Cheers

    "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
    > I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
    >
    > I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
    > upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
    using
    > current drivers for everything..
    >
    > My machine is 2.8 p4
    >
    > 2 gig RAm
    >
    > ATI 9800XT 256 MB
    >
    > Cheers

    It's likely defective - hopefully it's still under warranty. When I sent a
    description of the "sparkling" problem to ATI, they emailed me back with an
    RMA number. I mailed my 9800 back to ATI and a few days later they FedEx'ed
    me a new card which is working fine (knock on wood).

    Easy..Stop playing the stupid game just dump it..

    "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
    > I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
    >
    > I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
    > upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
    using
    > current drivers for everything..
    >
    > My machine is 2.8 p4
    >
    > 2 gig RAm