I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots al..

Chingy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.

I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors using
current drivers for everything..

My machine is 2.8 p4

2 gig RAm

ATI 9800XT 256 MB

Cheers

Tim

"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
>I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
>
> I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
> upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
> using current drivers for everything..
>
> My machine is 2.8 p4
>
> 2 gig RAm
>
> ATI 9800XT 256 MB

Are you overclocking the 9800XT? It might be a resulting artifact.

Sounds like overheating! If you're overclocking...slow it down a little.
If not, check your cooling fans.

Bill Crocker

"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
>I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
>
> I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
> upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
> using current drivers for everything..
>
> My machine is 2.8 p4
>
> 2 gig RAm
>
> ATI 9800XT 256 MB
>
> Cheers

DavidS

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

White dots in Doom3 were discused in this group several times
a few weeks ago. There are some solutions that help certain people.
Try googling throu this group and you will see.
In my case I don't see any so I can't help you more.

"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
>
> I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
> upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
> using current drivers for everything..
>
> My machine is 2.8 p4
>
> 2 gig RAm
>
> ATI 9800XT 256 MB

Get the ATI performance fix. That solved it for me.
Plus, it makes the game run smoother :)

/Henrik

Sorry...can't remember where the fix is found. Care to post a link? Thanks.

Regards,
John O.

"Henrik Stavnshøj" <hesta@nospam.dk> wrote in message
> "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>>I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
>>
>> I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
>> upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
>> using current drivers for everything..
>>
>> My machine is 2.8 p4
>>
>> 2 gig RAm
>>
>> ATI 9800XT 256 MB
>
> Get the ATI performance fix. That solved it for me.
> Plus, it makes the game run smoother :)
>
> /Henrik

Chingy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

NAh I ain't overclocking and system is not warm...

"Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sounds like overheating! If you're overclocking...slow it down a little.
> If not, check your cooling fans.
>
> Bill Crocker
>

> "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
>>I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
>>
>> I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
>> upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
>> using current drivers for everything..
>>
>> My machine is 2.8 p4
>>
>> 2 gig RAm
>>
>> ATI 9800XT 256 MB
>>
>> Cheers

As suggested, downclock your card a little. Use ATiTool for this. D3 pushes
your card, specifically memory. You can also try giving the card power
through its OWN molex - i.e. not shared with anything else. But downclocking
10mhz or so will fix it.

"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
>I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
>
> I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
> upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
> using current drivers for everything..
>
> My machine is 2.8 p4
>
> 2 gig RAm
>
> ATI 9800XT 256 MB
>
> Cheers

Qv

"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
> I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.
>
> I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
> upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
using
> current drivers for everything..
>
> My machine is 2.8 p4
>
> 2 gig RAm
>
> ATI 9800XT 256 MB
>
> Cheers

It's likely defective - hopefully it's still under warranty. When I sent a
description of the "sparkling" problem to ATI, they emailed me back with an
RMA number. I mailed my 9800 back to ATI and a few days later they FedEx'ed
me a new card which is working fine (knock on wood).

Easy..Stop playing the stupid game just dump it..