reset administrator password

i have forgotten the administrator password for my windows xp home edition
pc and i dont have any other user or password.How to reset the administrator
password .The file system is FAT32.I am not able to logon to my xp home pc
with user name and password
1 answer Last reply
More about reset administrator password

    Nanda wrote:

    > i have forgotten the administrator password for my windows xp home edition
    > pc and i dont have any other user or password.How to reset the administrator
    > password .The file system is FAT32.I am not able to logon to my xp home pc
    > with user name and password
    Hi

    You can try to log on with the builtin Administrator user:

    How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    Password Expires
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

    If that doesn't work out, you might try to reset the local
    Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
    (creating the boot cd/floppy on another computer):

    http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Microsoft Windows XP