How to edit Installed Program's Path

Hi,
I installed a program and it's in start menu. When i right click it it's
target is in C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Webber.exe. How do i change to
C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE\Webber.exe? I dont want to change manually by
right clicking and change the path but how can i do using script or
whatsoever?I have so many users to change

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about edit installed program path

    One method
    Correct the shortcut on one machine manually.
    Copy it to all the other machines using a batch file and xcopy or robocopy

    There is a tool here http://www.optimumx.com/ for working with shortcuts

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "rupart" <rupart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I installed a program and it's in start menu. When i right click it it's
    > target is in C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Webber.exe. How do i change to
    > C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE\Webber.exe? I dont want to change manually
    > by
    > right clicking and change the path but how can i do using script or
    > whatsoever?I have so many users to change
    >
    > TIA

    cool Mark,
    i got the idea now :-D
    cheers!

    "Mark Dormer" wrote:

    > One method
    > Correct the shortcut on one machine manually.
    > Copy it to all the other machines using a batch file and xcopy or robocopy
    >
    > There is a tool here http://www.optimumx.com/ for working with shortcuts
    >

    > Regards
    > Mark Dormer
    >
    > "rupart" <rupart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I installed a program and it's in start menu. When i right click it it's
    > > target is in C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Webber.exe. How do i change to
    > > C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE\Webber.exe? I dont want to change manually
    > > by
    > > right clicking and change the path but how can i do using script or
    > > whatsoever?I have so many users to change
    > >
    > > TIA

Windows XP