Bluescreen Error 0x000007e and 0x100007e on HP laptop

boop334

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
Hello,

I am working on my friends laptop (An HP G60), trying to fix the problem it is having. It is extremely slow to boot up, not in the windows boot screen, but after. It has a blank screen with just the cursor, which can be moved, present. It sits like this for at least 5 minutes, and either blue screens, or gets to the logon screen, which it too takes a long time to get past. Once at the desktop, it normally bluescreens after a short amount of time. I have tried it in msconfig "no program boot" mode to no avail (I think as it still acted up and was very slow, so I set it back). I have also tried every combo of RAM and ran many memory scans and tests.

I dont know what the problem is at this point, the error seems pretty nondescript. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Will

boop334

Distinguished
May 24, 2008

I tried both stick of RAM in both slots, with both in and only one in at a time. That didnt seem to change anything. Should I still run memtest?

Will

u can read this :
http://0x0000007e.org/

The boot manager menu usually has it at the bottom of the screen as soon as you turn on your laptop, its usually like press f12 or something, go into boot menu, move your cd drive up to the top of the list and make dvd or cd drive no 1. on the list, the nsave and exit, put in windows xp installation disc turn laptop on and it should boot straight from the disc and then you can either repair windows or re installt all together

boop334

Distinguished
May 24, 2008

Thanks for the info. I'm good with computers, and this is the first problem I have not been able to solve in a short order (I built my current gaming computer when I was 14, and working on computers is like my job, I'm 16! ). I did more research and I'm going to try a couple more steps. I'm going to scan and fix the registry, run memtest, check out the BSOD dump file to see if I can narrow it down.

I'll let you know If I make any more progress, I'm going to work more tomorrow.

Thanks,
Will