antivirus but its really no good.

From: "Mini" <Mini@discussions.microsoft.com>

| hey
| can anyone help me?
| ive got a torjan keylogger virus i know theres a few ways to delete it but
| oi does ne1 one have an easier ways please please help me... i have nortaon
| antivirus but its really no good.

There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion
microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)

start --> settings --> control panel --> internet options --> delete files

1) Download the following three items...

Trend Sysclean Package

Latest Trend Pattern File.

Ad-aware SE (free personal version v1.05)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop

Download Sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt500.zip

sysclean.com.

2) Update Ad-aware with the latest definitions.
3) Disable System Restore
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Ad-aware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences,
(e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) Create a new Restore point

* Please report your results ! *

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/ --> "Got a virus?"

Perhaps post in this Newsgroup
Security - Viruses

Give as much information as you can about the virus and also mention your operating
system etc. The more information you give, the more likely assistance is given.