WINDOWS LOOSING IP ADDRESS IN WIRELESS NETWORK

Can someone please help me?? When i switch my laptop on, the PCMCIA card does not automatically configure an IP address for the router. I need to go into properties on the wireless connection and go on to the 2nd tab, (cant remember what it's called, choose the wireless connection from the top window and click on configure. Then select the option Let Windows choose an IP address automatically). The connection is then lost while it reconfigures and then i can connect and it works fine. However when i switch the laptop off this option is lost again so i need to keep doing it. Is there a way of keeping this option selected so i dont need to keep doing this??

Thanks for your help

I had the exact problem. I was using a Linksys hardwire ethernet router and
a Dlink wireless AP hardwired to the Linksys router. Each reboot required
that I reset network to get IP. Installed a wirelss router the problem went
away.
"Bazza34" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone please help me?? When i switch my laptop on, the PCMCIA card
does not automatically configure an IP address for the router. I need to go
into properties on the wireless connection and go on to the 2nd tab, (cant
remember what it's called, choose the wireless connection from the top
window and click on configure. Then select the option Let Windows choose an
IP address automatically). The connection is then lost while it
reconfigures and then i can connect and it works fine. However when i
switch the laptop off this option is lost again so i need to keep doing it.
Is there a way of keeping this option selected so i dont need to keep doing
this??

> Thanks for your help

jerboa

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002

I am having that problem also. I am setting up a wireless network for a friend and can't buy new equipment. He is using a Linksys wireless card in his IBM 660 Thinkpad and a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. Every time we try to reconnect the configuration is lost and we have to RECHECK the "Use Windows to configure my wireless networksettings" checkbox.