Scripting registry

Hi

Could any one point me in the right direction I have tried several attempts
to lock down settings in the registry on my windows XP professional pc with
no luck.

I would like to lock desktop & screen saver options so they cannot be changed
and to lock the internet options out (some how I have managed to lock the
internet options with the following key ) but I am still having problems with
the desktop & screensaver options.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Restrictions\]
NoBrowserOptions set to 1

Also would it be possible to write a script that would carry out the
following task

1. change the NoBrowserOptions to 0 ( enable internet options)
2. Delete Cookies ---- in internet explorer
3. Delete all Temp Internet files ---- in internet explorer
4. Set the NoBrowserOptions to 1 (to lock the setting back down)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

--
Thanks

Alburnsy

From: "alburnsy" <alburnsy@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Hi
|
| Could any one point me in the right direction I have tried several attempts
| to lock down settings in the registry on my windows XP professional pc with
| no luck.
|
| I would like to lock desktop & screen saver options so they cannot be changed
| and to lock the internet options out (some how I have managed to lock the
| internet options with the following key ) but I am still having problems with
| the desktop & screensaver options.
|
| [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet
| Explorer\Restrictions\]
| NoBrowserOptions set to 1
|
| Also would it be possible to write a script that would carry out the
| following task
|
| 1. change the NoBrowserOptions to 0 ( enable internet options)
| 2. Delete Cookies ---- in internet explorer
| 3. Delete all Temp Internet files ---- in internet explorer
| 4. Set the NoBrowserOptions to 1 (to lock the setting back down)
|
| Any advice would be greatly appreciated
|
| --
| Thanks
|
| Alburnsy

Please take the time to learn Group Policies.

Execute; gpedit.msc

Look at; User Configuration

--
Dave