Good site for basic ATI card info??

I currently have an ATI 9600SE 128 Meg , video card and would like to
upgrade to something better without breaking the bank. Is there any good
sites to look at that lists the ATI cards in order of performance and
details of the performance?

I know some

Better performance towards the bottom of the page. How much better is the XT
over the Pro? What percentage better is the XT over the SE, how much
increase in Doom 3 will I see, currently around 24 fps at 800x 600 with 2.8
Gig P4 (ASUS P4P800E-Dlx).

9600SE
9600Pro (how much better than the SE??)
9600XT
9800??
X800??

" How much better is the XT over the Pro? "

A few percent, not too much. The 128MB 9600XT is faster than the 256MB.

" What percentage better is the XT over the SE "

Quite a bit, but you're better off spending that little extra for a 9800
Pro. You can compare GPU specs here:
http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm

" how much increase in Doom 3 will I see, currently around 24 fps at 800x
600 with 2.8 Gig P4 (ASUS P4P800E-Dlx). "

Read http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/doom3_pt3/ for a round-up of their
performance.

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
> "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>
> " How much better is the XT over the Pro? "
>
> A few percent, not too much. The 128MB 9600XT is faster than the 256MB.
>

> " What percentage better is the XT over the SE "
>
> Quite a bit, but you're better off spending that little extra for a 9800
> Pro. You can compare GPU specs here:
> http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm
>

> " how much increase in Doom 3 will I see, currently around 24 fps at 800x
> 600 with 2.8 Gig P4 (ASUS P4P800E-Dlx). "
>
> Read http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/doom3_pt3/ for a round-up of
> their
> performance.

Exactly what I was after, much appreciated.

Pete D

Mike

Splendid

SE is worse than regular, XT is better. Here's a site for you:

http://oc3dmark.octeams.com/radeonguide.html

Mike

> I currently have an ATI 9600SE 128 Meg , video card and would like to
> upgrade to something better without breaking the bank. Is there any good
> sites to look at that lists the ATI cards in order of performance and
> details of the performance?
>

> I know some
>
> Better performance towards the bottom of the page. How much better is the
XT
> over the Pro? What percentage better is the XT over the SE, how much
> increase in Doom 3 will I see, currently around 24 fps at 800x 600 with
2.8
> Gig P4 (ASUS P4P800E-Dlx).
>
> 9600SE
> 9600Pro (how much better than the SE??)
> 9600XT
> 9800??
> X800??

Went and grabed a 9800Pro. Thanks for the info.

"Mike" <mikepos1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> SE is worse than regular, XT is better. Here's a site for you:
>
> http://oc3dmark.octeams.com/radeonguide.html
>
> Mike
>
> "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>> I currently have an ATI 9600SE 128 Meg , video card and would like to
>> upgrade to something better without breaking the bank. Is there any good
>> sites to look at that lists the ATI cards in order of performance and
>> details of the performance?
>>

>> I know some
>>
>> Better performance towards the bottom of the page. How much better is the
> XT
>> over the Pro? What percentage better is the XT over the SE, how much
>> increase in Doom 3 will I see, currently around 24 fps at 800x 600 with
> 2.8
>> Gig P4 (ASUS P4P800E-Dlx).
>>
>> 9600SE
>> 9600Pro (how much better than the SE??)