PC DVD won't play on TV

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 18, 2004 6:19:14 AM

HI,

I've got an AIT 7500 All in Wonder. I can see my desktop and use it
through my TV, but when I try to play a DVD from my PCs DVD drive the
DVD software shows a black/Blank screen. On the monitor everything
looks fine.

Can anyone clue me in on how to play DVDs on my PC and watch them on
my TV through the ATI card? I'm using the S-Video cable.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

More about : dvd play

Anonymous
September 18, 2004 3:46:01 PM

In article <4v6nk0t2eu1o7a7g9tmacobl2a6irsav2i@4ax.com>, zatatime
says...
> HI,
>
> I've got an AIT 7500 All in Wonder. I can see my desktop and use it
> through my TV, but when I try to play a DVD from my PCs DVD drive the
> DVD software shows a black/Blank screen. On the monitor everything
> looks fine.
>
> Can anyone clue me in on how to play DVDs on my PC and watch them on
> my TV through the ATI card? I'm using the S-Video cable.

You need to set the TV as the primary display.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 9:07:24 PM

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:46:01 +0100, Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In article <4v6nk0t2eu1o7a7g9tmacobl2a6irsav2i@4ax.com>, zatatime
>says...
>> HI,
>>
>> I've got an AIT 7500 All in Wonder. I can see my desktop and use it
>> through my TV, but when I try to play a DVD from my PCs DVD drive the
>> DVD software shows a black/Blank screen. On the monitor everything
>> looks fine.
>>
>> Can anyone clue me in on how to play DVDs on my PC and watch them on
>> my TV through the ATI card? I'm using the S-Video cable.
>>
>You need to set the TV as the primary display.

Thanks alot! That did it.

One more question if I may....

When watching the movie on the TV I had a few lines that would
continuously scroll up the screen (it looked like the frequency was
wrong, or like you would see from a VHS when the tracking was very
slightly off). I tried different refresh rates (60 Hz and 75 Hz) but
that didn't help. I thought 60 Hz was the proper setting. Any ideas
on what is causing this, and if it can be rectified would be
appreciated.

Again, thanks for helping me solve my first problem.