8400m GT windows 7

raving coconut

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Hello,
i have tried the cracked ini files and drivers from both nvidia and sony and all i get is a black screen and a rollback. i have been researching for a week now and nothing works. please help.

verbalizer

Distinguished
perform nVidia clean sweep to remove all drivers and then reboot and let windows installer and windows updated detect and install drivers for you.
have active internet connection for windows to go get the correct drivers..

Hi raving coconut:

there's a tool hat you can use to help win7 to accept drivers even if their not build for it. Although it could be risky:

here's the link. It's easy to use.

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/08/24/loading-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-7-and-vista-64-bit-x64/

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
It's a SONY laptop right?
Sony has some issues with win7 especially the older units.
Do you have a Sony store near by?
I've run into this problem on what seemed a no brainer only to find out that Sony has some proprietary drivers for their machines...which pissed me off to no end....hours of time spent on it!
Check with Sony first...then ??????

raving coconut

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
no law suit and i tried the proper drivers both from sony and from nvidia but nither side will make drivers for it to work. I currently have a friend helping me and we are considering just going back to vista. thank you all for your input to this point i will keep you informed of what if anything i find that works, but it may take time. thanks again!