HELP (WINDOWS SECURITY WARNING)

I am getting to following error and I need to know how to stop it.
So I can install the application.

Thank You
-----------
WINDOWS SECURITY WARNING
Windows found that this file is potentially harmful to the operating systems
of your computer
To help protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to this file
Name: Install.exe
----------
5 answers Last reply
More about help windows security warning

    Hello ceo,
    If I read your post right. It means that the windowsfirewall blocked a
    program.

    "ceo4bizca" wrote:

    > I am getting to following error and I need to know how to stop it.
    > So I can install the application.
    >
    > Thank You
    > -----------
    > WINDOWS SECURITY WARNING
    > Windows found that this file is potentially harmful to the operating systems
    > of your computer
    > To help protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to this file
    > Name: Install.exe
    > ----------

    By the way i almost forgot. If you see the posted log entry, your computer is
    already patched for the exploit which is why windows won't allow the install.

    "ceo4bizca" wrote:

    > I am getting to following error and I need to know how to stop it.
    > So I can install the application.
    >
    > Thank You
    > -----------
    > WINDOWS SECURITY WARNING
    > Windows found that this file is potentially harmful to the operating systems
    > of your computer
    > To help protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to this file
    > Name: Install.exe
    > ----------

    Googleing for Install.exe indicates some serious malware on the system.

    Tom
    "Ron J" <RonJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Hello ceo,
    | If I read your post right. It means that the windowsfirewall blocked a
    | program.
    |

    | "ceo4bizca" wrote:
    |
    | > I am getting to following error and I need to know how to stop it.
    | > So I can install the application.
    | >
    | > Thank You
    | > -----------
    | > WINDOWS SECURITY WARNING
    | > Windows found that this file is potentially harmful to the operating
    systems
    | > of your computer
    | > To help protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to this file
    | > Name: Install.exe
    | > ----------

    If i am right, you are attempting to provision your cable moden through
    comcast by downloading the install.exe from the initialization website. The
    program is unsigned content. It puts the following in some people's firewall
    log;MS02-039_SQL_SERVER_RESOLUTION_EXPLOIT. The best way to provision your
    cable modem is to call them and give them your modem's mac address over the
    phone.

    "Tom Pepper Willett" wrote:

    > Googleing for Install.exe indicates some serious malware on the system.
    >
    > Tom
    > "Ron J" <RonJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > | Hello ceo,
    > | If I read your post right. It means that the windowsfirewall blocked a
    > | program.
    > |

    > | "ceo4bizca" wrote:
    > |
    > | > I am getting to following error and I need to know how to stop it.
    > | > So I can install the application.
    > | >
    > | > Thank You
    > | > -----------
    > | > WINDOWS SECURITY WARNING
    > | > Windows found that this file is potentially harmful to the operating
    > systems
    > | > of your computer
    > | > To help protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to this file
    > | > Name: Install.exe
    > | > ----------

    I don't know what the other posters are talking about, but this sounds like a
    security feature of WinXP SP2. Right click on the file, select properties
    from the context menu, and click the "Unblock" button in the dialog box.

    "ceo4bizca" wrote:

    > I am getting to following error and I need to know how to stop it.
    > So I can install the application.
    >
    > Thank You
    > WINDOWS SECURITY WARNING
    > Windows found that this file is potentially harmful to the operating systems
    > of your computer
    > To help protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to this file
    > Name: Install.exe

Security Windows Security Microsoft Windows XP