Privacy Tab / Sites to Allow/Block not retaining sites

Having a problem with the privacy tab.

Under the Sites to allow or block list, I can enter a site and it drops down
to the managed sites list

Click OK, OK to close window

Open it again, and the sites have gone.

I do have Spybot S&D and Lavasoft Adware installed, are these the cause?
Even after uninstalling them the problem remains. Do they make permanent
changes somewhere?

The problem is also replicated in a clean Win 2k + Latest SP's install..also
Spybot and Adware.

Cheers

Neil

PS, I have tried searches on the board here, but the search service always
seems busy!!
3 answers Last reply
More about privacy sites allow block retaining sites

    Neil;

    I am having exactly the same problem and have the same configuration on my
    Gateway notebook (wXP SP2 IE6 all preinstalled). Gateway did not have an
    answer and referred me to this site. This feature to block individual web
    sites under the Privacy Tab has always worked on my older w98 PCs. I hope
    someone has an answer !

    "Neil P" wrote:

    > Having a problem with the privacy tab.
    >
    > Under the Sites to allow or block list, I can enter a site and it drops down
    > to the managed sites list
    >
    > Click OK, OK to close window
    >
    > Open it again, and the sites have gone.
    >
    > I do have Spybot S&D and Lavasoft Adware installed, are these the cause?
    > Even after uninstalling them the problem remains. Do they make permanent
    > changes somewhere?
    >
    > The problem is also replicated in a clean Win 2k + Latest SP's install..also
    > Spybot and Adware.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Neil
    >
    > PS, I have tried searches on the board here, but the search service always
    > seems busy!!

    SO you have spybot and lavasoft programs installed as well?

    I may do another fresh install and see if that fixes it, but problem is,
    this has only occured since the last clean instal!!

    "Titan28" wrote:

    > Neil;
    >
    > I am having exactly the same problem and have the same configuration on my
    > Gateway notebook (wXP SP2 IE6 all preinstalled). Gateway did not have an
    > answer and referred me to this site. This feature to block individual web
    > sites under the Privacy Tab has always worked on my older w98 PCs. I hope
    > someone has an answer !
    >
    > "Neil P" wrote:
    >
    > > Having a problem with the privacy tab.
    > >
    > > Under the Sites to allow or block list, I can enter a site and it drops down
    > > to the managed sites list
    > >
    > > Click OK, OK to close window
    > >
    > > Open it again, and the sites have gone.
    > >
    > > I do have Spybot S&D and Lavasoft Adware installed, are these the cause?
    > > Even after uninstalling them the problem remains. Do they make permanent
    > > changes somewhere?
    > >
    > > The problem is also replicated in a clean Win 2k + Latest SP's install..also
    > > Spybot and Adware.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > Neil
    > >
    > > PS, I have tried searches on the board here, but the search service always
    > > seems busy!!

    Yes; yet so many also have these programs installed that I'm surprised that
    there aren't more with this problem. If spybot or adaware are responsible for
    this issue, there must be something in the configuration. I have the spybot
    immunize feature activated...time permitting I may uninstall this and start
    fresh and see if this solves the problem.

    "Neil P" wrote:

    > SO you have spybot and lavasoft programs installed as well?
    >
    > I may do another fresh install and see if that fixes it, but problem is,
    > this has only occured since the last clean instal!!
    >

    > "Titan28" wrote:
    >
    > > Neil;
    > >
    > > I am having exactly the same problem and have the same configuration on my
    > > Gateway notebook (wXP SP2 IE6 all preinstalled). Gateway did not have an
    > > answer and referred me to this site. This feature to block individual web
    > > sites under the Privacy Tab has always worked on my older w98 PCs. I hope
    > > someone has an answer !
    > >
    > > "Neil P" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Having a problem with the privacy tab.
    > > >
    > > > Under the Sites to allow or block list, I can enter a site and it drops down
    > > > to the managed sites list
    > > >
    > > > Click OK, OK to close window
    > > >
    > > > Open it again, and the sites have gone.
    > > >
    > > > I do have Spybot S&D and Lavasoft Adware installed, are these the cause?
    > > > Even after uninstalling them the problem remains. Do they make permanent
    > > > changes somewhere?
    > > >
    > > > The problem is also replicated in a clean Win 2k + Latest SP's install..also
    > > > Spybot and Adware.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers
    > > >
    > > > Neil
    > > >
    > > > PS, I have tried searches on the board here, but the search service always
    > > > seems busy!!

Privacy Windows XP