Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Palm ire 72 Battery charging problems

Last response: in Windows 7
December 6, 2010 9:13:52 PM

Hello,
I have owned a Palm Z 72 for about 5 years now and have loved it. The only problem I have ever had is an occasional freezing up which does not last long. Now though I am in serious trouble. The little pin inside where you plug in to charge it seems to have broken off and I have no way to charge it. My entire life is in this PDA. I cannot hot sync anything to my computer because my desktop died and I purchased a laptop with Windows 7. There does not seem to be anything for Windows 7 for or at least I can't find it. I have bought a Palm Pre Plus phone and you would think I could get these 2 to talk to each other, but it's beyond me. Can anyone help me? Is there any other way to charge the battery?
December 6, 2010 10:36:27 PM

cathorton said:
Hello,
I have owned a Palm Z 72 for about 5 years now and have loved it. The only problem I have ever had is an occasional freezing up which does not last long. Now though I am in serious trouble. The little pin inside where you plug in to charge it seems to have broken off and I have no way to charge it. My entire life is in this PDA. I cannot hot sync anything to my computer because my desktop died and I purchased a laptop with Windows 7. There does not seem to be anything for Windows 7 for or at least I can't find it. I have bought a Palm Pre Plus phone and you would think I could get these 2 to talk to each other, but it's beyond me. Can anyone help me? Is there any other way to charge the battery?

Will one of the new charging mats work on these older PDA's?
Score

Best solution

December 6, 2011 8:51:51 PM

You can still charge via the USB cable, whether or not the Palm recognized by Windows 7. It's slower, but it does charge.

Related resources
December 13, 2011 2:02:59 PM

Yes, thanks. I discovered I could do this and have been doing this for quite some time now. Have upgraded to a new phone that I can put "most" of my stuff in and even though it too is a Palm and a "smart" phone, to me there is nothing to compare to my Zire.
Score
December 20, 2011 1:14:20 AM

Best answer selected by cathorton.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
December 20, 2011 1:21:59 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
!