  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 19, 2004 4:48:50 PM

Or has anyone actually seen one of the these things.

I decided to buy this card months ago, I read the reviews, this was the
daddy of cards, and I had the money.

And I still have the money. Sitting there in my account, going nowhere it
seems, becauase nobody can get there hands on one of these things in the UK.

By the time it arrives, they'll be the next gen cards out, and the bloody
thing won't be the best card out there anymore.

Why release a card to review, get all the reviewers to say its the best
card, and then not release the bloody thing.

It makes no sense, and pisses me off.

When are those 512mb cards due out?

Paul

More about : x800xt mythical beast

Anonymous
September 19, 2004 4:48:51 PM

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:48:50 +0100, "fatboy" <notme@notthisaddress>
wrote:

>Or has anyone actually seen one of the these things.
>
>I decided to buy this card months ago, I read the reviews, this was the
>daddy of cards, and I had the money.
>
>And I still have the money. Sitting there in my account, going nowhere it
>seems, becauase nobody can get there hands on one of these things in the UK.
>
>By the time it arrives, they'll be the next gen cards out, and the bloody
>thing won't be the best card out there anymore.
>
>Why release a card to review, get all the reviewers to say its the best
>card, and then not release the bloody thing.
>
>It makes no sense, and pisses me off.
>
>When are those 512mb cards due out?
>
>Paul

I'm in the same boat. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and am just waiting
and hoping. You've raised some good questions. I might be tempted to
cencel my order and wait for the 512MB cards coming out. but saying
that, who says they'll be able to get any stock of them.

Sanddancer
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 8:29:24 PM

I've had mine for over a month :¬))

Sean

"fatboy" <notme@notthisaddress> wrote in message
> Or has anyone actually seen one of the these things.
>
> I decided to buy this card months ago, I read the reviews, this was the
> daddy of cards, and I had the money.
>
> And I still have the money. Sitting there in my account, going nowhere it
> seems, becauase nobody can get there hands on one of these things in the
UK.

> By the time it arrives, they'll be the next gen cards out, and the bloody
> thing won't be the best card out there anymore.
>
> Why release a card to review, get all the reviewers to say its the best
> card, and then not release the bloody thing.
>
> It makes no sense, and pisses me off.
>
> When are those 512mb cards due out?
>
> Paul

September 20, 2004 1:36:15 AM

wrote:

>Or has anyone actually seen one of the these things.

I've had mine for over 3 months now, and I love it.
Despite reports that the nVidia 6800 Ultra is faster in Doom3, the
x800xt-pe is faster at virtually everything else, including the
upcoming Half-Life2. Besides, Doom3 is caped at 60fps... and I'm
getting 58.5fps @ 1280x1024, 2xAA, 16xAF in High Quality mode on a P4
3.3Ghz system, so I'm happy :)

>When are those 512mb cards due out?

Not this year, due to high memory prices.
Probably not until ATI unveils the R520 based cards, with Shader 3.0
support.

--
James Frith j.frith@comcast.net
Anonymous

Sure wish a store in Memphis would get one before the end of the year!!!!!
Why advertise for 6 months and still not have any in stock??? This is
getting crazy.

James Frith <j.frith@comcast.net> wrote in

> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:48:50 +0100, "fatboy" <notme@notthisaddress>
> wrote:
>
>>Or has anyone actually seen one of the these things.
>>

> I've had mine for over 3 months now, and I love it.
> Despite reports that the nVidia 6800 Ultra is faster in Doom3, the
> x800xt-pe is faster at virtually everything else, including the
> upcoming Half-Life2. Besides, Doom3 is caped at 60fps... and I'm
> getting 58.5fps @ 1280x1024, 2xAA, 16xAF in High Quality mode on a P4
> 3.3Ghz system, so I'm happy :)
>
>>When are those 512mb cards due out?
>>

> Not this year, due to high memory prices.
> Probably not until ATI unveils the R520 based cards, with Shader 3.0
> support.
>

> --
> James Frith j.frith@comcast.net
September 21, 2004 2:53:36 AM

Alan Whitenton <awhiten1@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message news:<Xns956AB6ED65E7Fawhiten1midsouthrrco@65.24.7.50>...
> Sure wish a store in Memphis would get one before the end of the year!!!!!
> Why advertise for 6 months and still not have any in stock??? This is
> getting crazy.
>
> Jim
well i got a ultra 6800 and i'm comptletely dissapointed. half my game
games dont work for this card the good news is that i'm glad i didnt
pay anything for this card. i was working on a house and the people
who lived there happen to work for nvidia, i did some painting which
took about half hr and got this card for free. i will be posting this
card on ebay and i will be buying a more stable card the x800 xt ati
card. i.m running a robust 460watt power supply and mt ultra is not
overclocked. the last driver that came out for this card was in July
lol i'm please.

> James Frith <j.frith@comcast.net> wrote in
>
> > On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:48:50 +0100, "fatboy" <notme@notthisaddress>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Or has anyone actually seen one of the these things.
> >>

> > I've had mine for over 3 months now, and I love it.
> > Despite reports that the nVidia 6800 Ultra is faster in Doom3, the
> > x800xt-pe is faster at virtually everything else, including the
> > upcoming Half-Life2. Besides, Doom3 is caped at 60fps... and I'm
> > getting 58.5fps @ 1280x1024, 2xAA, 16xAF in High Quality mode on a P4
> > 3.3Ghz system, so I'm happy :)
> >
> >>When are those 512mb cards due out?
> >>

> > Not this year, due to high memory prices.
> > Probably not until ATI unveils the R520 based cards, with Shader 3.0
> > support.
> >

> > --
> > James Frith j.frith@comcast.net
September 21, 2004 5:07:41 AM

They are being sold online first. I've had my x800xt pe since june 15th. Of
course i preordered a month before that at compusa online. And i was one of
the lucky few to get one of the first batch (300) from compusa. They wont
hit retail in mass until the demand dies down online. ATI had to send most
of their x800xt pe cards to oems first then to retailers. oem demand seems
to have died down so retailers should start to get them in. Compusa was
first sending out the cards online, then bestbuy, then compusa, compusa
again, then i think dell might have sold some too. Now they are only
trickling out of online stores, and ive heard of a few here and there in
some retail stores.

Bean

"Alan Whitenton" <awhiten1@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
> Sure wish a store in Memphis would get one before the end of the year!!!!!
> Why advertise for 6 months and still not have any in stock??? This is
> getting crazy.
>

> James Frith <j.frith@comcast.net> wrote in
>
>> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:48:50 +0100, "fatboy" <notme@notthisaddress>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Or has anyone actually seen one of the these things.
>>>

>> I've had mine for over 3 months now, and I love it.
>> Despite reports that the nVidia 6800 Ultra is faster in Doom3, the
>> x800xt-pe is faster at virtually everything else, including the
>> upcoming Half-Life2. Besides, Doom3 is caped at 60fps... and I'm
>> getting 58.5fps @ 1280x1024, 2xAA, 16xAF in High Quality mode on a P4
>> 3.3Ghz system, so I'm happy :)
>>
>>>When are those 512mb cards due out?
>>>

>> Not this year, due to high memory prices.
>> Probably not until ATI unveils the R520 based cards, with Shader 3.0
>> support.
>>

>> --
>> James Frith j.frith@comcast.net

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 4:20:07 AM

Go on Pricewatch.Com. Be prepared to shell out more than $800 for the AGP
version.

The Gigabyte X800XT-PE is also a valid alternative.

"fatboy" <notme@notthisaddress> wrote in message
> Or has anyone actually seen one of the these things.
>
> I decided to buy this card months ago, I read the reviews, this was the
> daddy of cards, and I had the money.
>
> And I still have the money. Sitting there in my account, going nowhere it
> seems, becauase nobody can get there hands on one of these things in the
UK.

> By the time it arrives, they'll be the next gen cards out, and the bloody
> thing won't be the best card out there anymore.
>
> Why release a card to review, get all the reviewers to say its the best
> card, and then not release the bloody thing.
>
> It makes no sense, and pisses me off.
>
> When are those 512mb cards due out?
>
> Paul

September 22, 2004 11:19:05 AM

> Go on Pricewatch.Com. Be prepared to shell out more than $800 for the AGP
> version.
>
> The Gigabyte X800XT-PE is also a valid alternative.

Firstly, thanks all for the replies. Looks like the odd few got through, but
they still aren't available in significant numbers.

I also should have made it clearer that I am really only concerned about the
UK.

And in the UK, no stores have them. As far as I know.

They are nothing more than rumours, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded in
mystery. Or something.

Oh well.

Paul
September 23, 2004 2:10:41 PM

fatboy wrote:

> Or has anyone actually seen one of the these things.
>
> I decided to buy this card months ago, I read the reviews, this was the
> daddy of cards, and I had the money.
>
> And I still have the money. Sitting there in my account, going nowhere it
> seems, becauase nobody can get there hands on one of these things in the UK.
>
> By the time it arrives, they'll be the next gen cards out, and the bloody
> thing won't be the best card out there anymore.
>
> Why release a card to review, get all the reviewers to say its the best
> card, and then not release the bloody thing.
>
> It makes no sense, and pisses me off.
>
> When are those 512mb cards due out?
>
> Paul

It's available! on back-order. Don't stress or throw your money away,
buy a 6800GT and turn to the dark side and be happy instead.

512M cards in 2005, memory prices are too high they say.
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 2:10:42 PM

Makes no sense to me either..... it's been released for review for MONTHS!
Must be some serious issues that they are fixing! Who knows.... but they
are really dropping the ball on this one.

Minotaur <antnel@hotmail.com> wrote in

> fatboy wrote:
>
>> Or has anyone actually seen one of the these things.
>>
>> I decided to buy this card months ago, I read the reviews, this was
>> the daddy of cards, and I had the money.
>>
>> And I still have the money. Sitting there in my account, going
>> nowhere it seems, becauase nobody can get there hands on one of these
>> things in the UK.
>>
>> By the time it arrives, they'll be the next gen cards out, and the
>> bloody thing won't be the best card out there anymore.
>>
>> Why release a card to review, get all the reviewers to say its the
>> best card, and then not release the bloody thing.
>>
>> It makes no sense, and pisses me off.
>>
>> When are those 512mb cards due out?
>>
>> Paul
>>

> It's available! on back-order. Don't stress or throw your money away,
> buy a 6800GT and turn to the dark side and be happy instead.
>
> 512M cards in 2005, memory prices are too high they say.

Anonymous
September 26, 2004 5:08:35 AM

I thought ATi was in the process of pulling its own-branded cards from the
European market?

!