HIS Excalibur 9600XT Card is dead after 3 months and Hight..

Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
Tech Support of RMA's?

I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
than a month.

The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
warranty.....

Thanks for any help provided!
13 answers Last reply
More about excalibur 9600xt card dead months hight

    "Eric Lancer" <ericlancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
    > Tech Support of RMA's?
    > I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
    > than a month.
    > The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
    > warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
    > the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
    > documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
    > warranty.....

    What exactly is the nature of the card failure?
    I have the same card, I installed it a month ago. I bought it because a
    review said the card was relatively quiet; I got it from New Egg, they are
    one of the few vendors that sell it in the USA. There is no warranty info.on
    NewEgg's site, but that is not unusual, as I bought a few other items, and
    not all of them showed the warranty, yet checking the manufactuer's site
    there was a warranty. However, Hightech shows no warranty on the site or the
    box, AFAICT. Probably one should not buy a card from a company that doesn't
    even display a warranty, but reviews say they are a popular brand overseas,
    so I went for the quieter card. Assuming you bought it from NewEgg, they say
    if the vendor wouldn't give you warranty service, because they are overseas
    or any other reason, they will honor the warranty posted; the problem is,
    there is no warranty posted, so likely they won't replace it, but within a
    year, it is worth a try because NewEgg is a very good vendor. Tell us the
    vendor, and if you do get it replaced.

    "Eric Lancer" <ericlancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
    > Tech Support of RMA's?
    >
    > I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
    > than a month.
    >
    > The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
    > warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
    > the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
    > documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
    > warranty.....
    >
    > Thanks for any help provided!

    Perhaps you should contact the place you purchased it from? This way you'll
    get a replacement, and they can bother Hightech. (Unless you purchased it
    directly from Hightech)

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 13:53:17 GMT, Eric Lancer wrote:

    > Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
    > Tech Support of RMA's?
    >
    > I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
    > than a month.
    >
    > The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
    > warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
    > the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
    > documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
    > warranty.....
    >
    > Thanks for any help provided!

    I'm sure you saw their telephone number here:
    http://www.hisdigital.com/html/contactus.htm

    Hong Kong though Tel: +852 2796 3788. might be pricey.

    The Berzerker wrote:
    > "Eric Lancer" <ericlancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
    >>Tech Support of RMA's?
    >>
    >>I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
    >>than a month.
    >>
    >>The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
    >>warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
    >>the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
    >>documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
    >>warranty.....
    >>
    >>Thanks for any help provided!
    >>

    > Perhaps you should contact the place you purchased it from? This way you'll
    > get a replacement, and they can bother Hightech. (Unless you purchased it
    > directly from Hightech)

    I have contacted NewEgg twice and now a 3rd time.............no help
    there yet....

    I bought it from NewEgg.......in June, 2004.........the card has
    produced massively corrupted video in 2 motherboards using 3 different
    driver sets..............the display is unreadable.

    I am now in the process of asking NewEgg for help with getting HIS to
    respond.

    > What exactly is the nature of the card failure?
    > I have the same card, I installed it a month ago. I bought it because a
    > review said the card was relatively quiet; I got it from New Egg, they are
    > one of the few vendors that sell it in the USA. There is no warranty info.on
    > NewEgg's site, but that is not unusual, as I bought a few other items, and
    > not all of them showed the warranty, yet checking the manufactuer's site
    > there was a warranty. However, Hightech shows no warranty on the site or the
    > box, AFAICT. Probably one should not buy a card from a company that doesn't
    > even display a warranty, but reviews say they are a popular brand overseas,
    > so I went for the quieter card. Assuming you bought it from NewEgg, they say
    > if the vendor wouldn't give you warranty service, because they are overseas
    > or any other reason, they will honor the warranty posted; the problem is,
    > there is no warranty posted, so likely they won't replace it, but within a
    > year, it is worth a try because NewEgg is a very good vendor. Tell us the
    > vendor, and if you do get it replaced.

    I bought it from NewEgg.......in June, 2004.........the card has
    produced massively corrupted video in 2 motherboards using 3 different
    driver sets..............the display is unreadable.

    I am now in the process of asking NewEgg for help with getting HIS to
    respond.

    > What exactly is the nature of the card failure?
    > I have the same card, I installed it a month ago. I bought it because a
    > review said the card was relatively quiet; I got it from New Egg, they are
    > one of the few vendors that sell it in the USA. There is no warranty info.on
    > NewEgg's site, but that is not unusual, as I bought a few other items, and
    > not all of them showed the warranty, yet checking the manufactuer's site
    > there was a warranty. However, Hightech shows no warranty on the site or the
    > box, AFAICT. Probably one should not buy a card from a company that doesn't
    > even display a warranty, but reviews say they are a popular brand overseas,
    > so I went for the quieter card. Assuming you bought it from NewEgg, they say
    > if the vendor wouldn't give you warranty service, because they are overseas
    > or any other reason, they will honor the warranty posted; the problem is,
    > there is no warranty posted, so likely they won't replace it, but within a
    > year, it is worth a try because NewEgg is a very good vendor. Tell us the
    > vendor, and if you do get it replaced.

    Yes.........I am going to write them next by snail mail..............

    "mardi" <e@mail.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 13:53:17 GMT, Eric Lancer wrote:
    >
    > > Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
    > > Tech Support of RMA's?
    > >
    > > I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
    > > than a month.
    > >
    > > The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
    > > warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
    > > the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
    > > documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
    > > warranty.....
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help provided!
    >
    > I'm sure you saw their telephone number here:
    > http://www.hisdigital.com/html/contactus.htm
    >
    > Hong Kong though Tel: +852 2796 3788. might be pricey.
    Aggrevating enough to talk to India folk when you call for anything else. I
    would hate to attempt to talk to them.

    I sent it back to NewEgg.com and they are replacing it with an Abit
    9600XT..........................

    Thanks NewEgg!

    > I sent it back to NewEgg.com and they are replacing it with an Abit
    > 9600XT..........................
    >
    > Thanks NewEgg!

    Glad to hear it.
    Please tell us exactly how your communications with NewEgg went. And how
    many days?
    BTW, who decided to get the Abit version of the 9600XT?
    I guess if one has a defective HIS Radeon, one should still e-mail HIS, but
    not to expect a warranty. I wonder what the warranty is supposed to be;
    probably just a year.
    At least NewEgg is providing a replacement, when they don't have to.

    Newegg has replaced two Sapphire 9600XT cards for me in the last two
    months. I'm proud of Newegg but getting tired of replacing cards. Anyone
    else having troubles with the 9600XTs?

    "Airman Thunderbird" <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Newegg has replaced two Sapphire 9600XT cards for me in the last two
    > months. I'm proud of Newegg but getting tired of replacing cards. Anyone
    > else having troubles with the 9600XTs?

    I have read a number of complaints of Sapphire cards failing. Therefore, I
    don't think there is any flaw with the 9600XT specifically.
    HIS is actually considered a good brand in Europe. It has very limited
    distrubution in the USA.
    BTW, the top custom-pc builders, that I have seen, use only 'built by ATI',
    because they have determined them to be the best built and most reliable
    cards.
    I chose the HIS because the fan is supposedly quieter than the ATI. It is
    quiet, and working fine, but I can't compare it to an ATI.

    Newegg responded in 1 or 2 days and I had the new card within 3 days of
    their agreeing to RMA it and give me the new Abit card.

    >> Please tell us exactly how your communications with NewEgg went. And how
    >> many days?
    >> BTW, who decided to get the Abit version of the 9600XT?
    >> I guess if one has a defective HIS Radeon, one should still e-mail
    >> HIS, but
    >> not to expect a warranty. I wonder what the warranty is supposed to be;
    >> probably just a year.
    >> At least NewEgg is providing a replacement, when they don't have to.

Radeon Graphics Product