Adding another user to XP what information is shared online?

I belong to several game sites on-line. If I'm in one site I can't log into
that site with 2 different names.

But if I create another user on my PC I can go back and forth from one user
to the other and actually play as 2 people on the same game site but it's not
beneficial to do so since it takes time to switch from one user to the next.

Some of the sites that I found have auto cheat programs on other sites that
you can try for free for a limited time then they expire. But I found out
that if I create a new user on XP I can log into that new XP user and use the
name that just used up there time with the free trial version.

Example:

Sally gets on her PC then goes to the game site and uses the free auto
program the free time expires and she can't use it any longer.

Sally gets back on her PC and creates another profile named Jane in XP. Then
she goes back to the game site using Jane as the user on her PC but when she
goes to the game site she logs in as Sally and is able to use another free
trial.

The only difference is she used another name on her own PC "NOT" the game
site she used her name.

So my question is what file are the game sites using or looking for when a
user logs on?

Could Sally just find this file and delete it and keep reusing the trial
versions without having to create another XP user on her PC?
1 answer Last reply
More about adding user information shared online

    "jodielynn" <jodielynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I belong to several game sites on-line. If I'm in one site I can't log into
    > that site with 2 different names.
    >
    > But if I create another user on my PC I can go back and forth from one
    > user
    > to the other and actually play as 2 people on the same game site but it's
    > not
    > beneficial to do so since it takes time to switch from one user to the
    > next.
    >
    > Some of the sites that I found have auto cheat programs on other sites
    > that
    > you can try for free for a limited time then they expire. But I found out
    > that if I create a new user on XP I can log into that new XP user and use
    > the
    > name that just used up there time with the free trial version.
    >
    > Example:
    >
    > Sally gets on her PC then goes to the game site and uses the free auto
    > program the free time expires and she can't use it any longer.
    >
    > Sally gets back on her PC and creates another profile named Jane in XP.
    > Then
    > she goes back to the game site using Jane as the user on her PC but when
    > she
    > goes to the game site she logs in as Sally and is able to use another free
    > trial.
    >
    > The only difference is she used another name on her own PC "NOT" the game
    > site she used her name.
    >
    > So my question is what file are the game sites using or looking for when a
    > user logs on?
    >
    > Could Sally just find this file and delete it and keep reusing the trial
    > versions without having to create another XP user on her PC?

    The web site is probably using cookie files. In Internet Explorer, you can
    go to Tools--> Internet Options and delete cookies using the button there.
    See here for info about "cookies"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260971

    --
    Colin Nash