Guide+ software

Is this the proper place to ask about Guide+ software?

If not, what is the right place?

If it is the right place, is there any solution to the multiple major
bugs in the software? I have the latest version (1.0.0.45 I think)
and it is dated 2002.

Is there any better software for this?

Is there any fix for losing the mouse cursor (I looked at the check
box they said to uncheck, but it was already unchecked). I'm also
having major problems with it being too jerky to watch, not being able
to close the program, not being able to drag the viewing window
(sometimes when the controls for it are off screen), etc, etc, etc.

---
Replace you know what by j to email

Jud McCranie <youknowwhat.mccranie@adelphia.net> wrote in

> If it is the right place, is there any solution to the multiple major
> bugs in the software? I have the latest version (1.0.0.45 I think)
> and it is dated 2002.
>
> Is there any better software for this?
>
> Is there any fix for losing the mouse cursor (I looked at the check
> box they said to uncheck, but it was already unchecked). I'm also
> having major problems with it being too jerky to watch, not being able
> to close the program, not being able to drag the viewing window
> (sometimes when the controls for it are off screen), etc, etc, etc.

I have the same version (1.0.0.45), and I see none of those problems. The
mouse cursor behaves, no jerkiness, window drags fine, etc.

Sounds like your problem lies elsewhere -- graphics card drivers and/or
settings?

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 04:07:16 GMT, Murray Peterson
<mwp@home.com.invalid> wrote:

>I have the same version (1.0.0.45), and I see none of those problems. The
>mouse cursor behaves, no jerkiness, window drags fine, etc.

Their website said that only some people were having the problem of it
losing the mouse pointer, and it was mainly people with a wheel mouse
(like me).

>Sounds like your problem lies elsewhere -- graphics card drivers and/or
>settings?

Perhaps some setting, I don't know. The graphics card is an ATI AIW
9600 that is about 2 weeks old, and seems perfect otherwise.

---

"Murray Peterson" <mwp@home.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Jud McCranie <youknowwhat.mccranie@adelphia.net> wrote in
>
>> If it is the right place, is there any solution to the multiple major
>> bugs in the software? I have the latest version (1.0.0.45 I think)
>> and it is dated 2002.
>>
>> Is there any better software for this?

> I have the same version (1.0.0.45), and I see none of those problems. The
> mouse cursor behaves, no jerkiness, window drags fine, etc.
>
> Sounds like your problem lies elsewhere -- graphics card drivers and/or
> settings?

I have ver 1.0.0.44. How do I get the later version (other than off a newer
CAT CD)?

The program updater says that my version is current...
--
Aloke
----

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:56:33 GMT, "Aloke Prasad"
<aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote:

>I have ver 1.0.0.44. How do I get the later version (other than off a newer
>CAT CD)?
>
>The program updater says that my version is current...

ATI tech support told me that it checks for a new version of the
program every time you update the weekly listings. Or you can run
EPGUpgrade.exe, which is normally in \program files\Gemstar\Guide
plus(TM)\ATI, I think.

---

"Jud McCranie" <youknowwhat.mccranie@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:56:33 GMT, "Aloke Prasad"
> <aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote:
>
>>I have ver 1.0.0.44. How do I get the later version (other than off a
>>newer
>>CAT CD)?
>>
>>The program updater says that my version is current...
>
> ATI tech support told me that it checks for a new version of the
> program every time you update the weekly listings. Or you can run
> EPGUpgrade.exe, which is normally in \program files\Gemstar\Guide
> plus(TM)\ATI, I think.

That's the one that thinks that my version is current.
--
Aloke
----

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:34:47 GMT, "Aloke Prasad"
<aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote:

>"Jud McCranie" <youknowwhat.mccranie@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:56:33 GMT, "Aloke Prasad"
>> <aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>I have ver 1.0.0.44. How do I get the later version (other than off a
>>>newer
>>>CAT CD)?
>>>
>>>The program updater says that my version is current...
>>
>> ATI tech support told me that it checks for a new version of the
>> program every time you update the weekly listings. Or you can run
>> EPGUpgrade.exe, which is normally in \program files\Gemstar\Guide
>> plus(TM)\ATI, I think.
>
>That's the one that thinks that my version is current.

---
Replace you know what by j to email

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:34:47 GMT, "Aloke Prasad"
<aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote:

>That's the one that thinks that my version is current.

The program probably hasn't been updated since Jan 2003.

---

<mwp@home.com.invalid> wrote:

>I have the same version (1.0.0.45), and I see none of those problems. The
>mouse cursor behaves, no jerkiness, window drags fine, etc.
>
>Sounds like your problem lies elsewhere -- graphics card drivers and/or
>settings?

I had a splitter going to the video card and to the cable modem. I
took out the splitter and went directly to the video card in case the
split signal wasn't strong enough. It still had the same problem -
dropping most of the frames. This was in the "medium" size - smaller
was no better. I estimate that it is showing only 4 or 5 frames per
second.

---
Replace you know what by j to email